Monday, September 29, 2008

Re-vamped the Blog.

I've channeled all my nervous energy and such, into beautifying my family blog. I finally replaced my super vain banner from before. Now I've got this beauty up there. I also re-named it from the very boring "Rorek's Journal" to "The Cupcake Club". The latter is what I'm calling my commissions/designs/etc. So yes, that will be my working business name, be it for doll clothes, drawings, or whatever.

And I updated my 'About Me'. This is what it used to say:

"I collect and play with dolls, design and sew doll clothing. This journal is mainly for showcasing my sewing, and other creative attempts.

I rather enjoy crime dramas, such as the various Law and Order series, NCIS, and CSI. I also like anime, manga, and videogames, especially of the role-playing sort.

I'm currently in the process of a divorce from my husband of five years, and am attempting to get back to Texas where my family is. From there, I plan to go to college, to get my teaching degree. I'd like to specialize in History and teach on the Jr High through College level, but I won't know for certain until I get into the Student Teaching phase.
"

This is what it says now:

"Welcome to The Cupcake Club! This Journal is to showcase my crafts and designs. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior and architectural design, but I do most of that with programs like The Sims 2, with tons of custom content.

I also post about what's going on in my life, so at the moment you'll see alot of talk about my divorce, and the frustations that go along with that. You will also see the things I enjoy, be they sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I've only just started, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I'm twenty-five, seperated, currently living with my eldest sister, and working towards finding a job here in Texas, and then going to college to be a History Teacher.

My interests include the above, design, in most varieties, Anime, Manga, Crime Dramas, and videogames of various varieties. :3
"

I think it sounds more put together. 8D Or maybe I'm just that off today. We'll see. Next I need to put together something sugary-sweet for a background image, that won't be too distracting from my goofy posts. Maybe something to match my background! This one, for those that can't recall.

Oh! Speaking of matching stuff, I downloaded an icon and cursor maker, so I can make some totally sparkly graphics for my computer. It's not GAY enough guys. I need a rainbow shooting star to click things with, and other things of that variety. Ooooh maybe a bunch of cupcake icons. That'd be sweet. @_@ You'll go into sugarshock from using my laptop.. and possibly have an epileptic seizure. Rainbows AWAY! *dons a rainbow flag!cape to go fight crime.. or have a cupcake*

2 comments:

  1. Well you at least sound happy and that is a start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Secondborn did my blog banner and has connections to all sorts of virtual stickers, etc.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.