Monday, September 8, 2008

Update on Dad.

My brother (in-law) Jonathon called me with further news about Dad. The reason it's taken a few days for them to have conclusive results is because bad news is always harder to break. Those 'mini' strokes they thought he'd been having were full blown strokes. And the one they thought was relatively mild, should have actually killed him, beyond resuscitation. He isn't going to get to leave the hospital for some time, if ever.

They don't know why he is getting strokes, because they can't figure out what is causing the blood clots. He's on a medicine designed to break up blood clots, which seems to be working for now.

They don't give him much time. He might make it a week, he might make it a month, but it is very unlikely he'll live longer than that.

Jenni is still working on Power of Attorney from what I was told. She and possibly my other older sister are going to take control of his medical treatment, in terms of making decisions. I'll be honest in that, I'm not sure exactly how I feel about that, but I know it would be harder to get all of us to agree on what is best for Dad.

I need to get home, as soon as I can. I want to be able to say goodbye. I'm going to do whatever I can, to expedite my leaving. My family needs me, and I need to see my father, before he's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.