Monday, September 22, 2008

Goggle Smiting and other such nonsense.

So when Mom came over this last Wednesday she brought pizza, and we chatted a bit about all sorts of things. Eventually we touched on my frustrations with the ex, and while I can't remember the comment on my part, Mom responded with "God will smite him." in an almost apologetic voice, and I miss heard her. I thought she said "Goggle smite him." And I responded "Beat him with goggles? Wait, what did you say?" We both cracked up laughing, and I promised to draw some goggle smiting for her.

Unfortunately I had some troubles with the imagery. I couldn't decide if I wanted it to be me beating him from behind with goggles, or him curled up in the fetal position just taking the blows or what. So eventually I just settled on disembodied heads and arms. I'm not always that lazy but I couldn't get it to look right, with more realistic positioning and proportioning. But I'm over-analyzing now. Here's the finished drawing. I'll do a proper scan later (if I remember, let's be honest) but in the meantime, have a photo of the drawing.

Photobucket

Yes, Mom really does have hair that awesome and wild. And if you can't tell which parent I look like from this drawing, I didn't do a very good job drawing Mom. She's where I get my free spirit from, in regards to being myself and to hell with the rest of the world.

And no, I'm not supposed to look like an angry lesbian. I just fail at drawing myself in that cartoon form. Though I suppose I probably look like an angry lesbian when I talk about Nick. *shrugs* Ah well.

Tomorrow I'm going to Knit Night with Mom, and I'm hoping to learn the basics of knitting while there. I want to knit tiny sweaters, and scarves, and hats. I don't know how good I'll be, but I want to give it a shot at least.

Sorry for not writing for almost a week. I've been inexplicably exhausted. I've also been thinking way too hard about everything, which doesn't help. I'll try to do a better job at keeping ya'll updated from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.