Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Getting Settled

I'm settling in here nicely. :3 My blue is almost gone from my hair, which means I can comfortably start going job hunting without looking ridiculous. There are supposedly a good number of choices within a four block radius, which is great. I'll probably go walking around tomorrow (Tuesday) and see how far I can get, and how fast, on foot. I hope it's not too hot. It's September, but it is north Texas after all. ;_; I've been dreading this part of being home. Not the job hunting, but the weather. Hopefully if it is warm, there will at least be a nice breeze. If it's too hot, I'll postpone until Thursday, and spend tomorrow sewing buttons on stuff for Jenni, and mending small holes in otherwise perfectly good clothing.

I want to sew in earnest, but I need to wait until I can send some money for the cost of shipping, to Christy, so I can have her send me my sewing stuff. The basic stuff, not like, my entire fabric stash. XD;; I woke up today with the ambition and URGE to sew, but when I went to my bag and pulled out my patterns (I took them in my messenger bag with my laptop) I realized I'd brought some of my fabric, but not even a single sewing needle or spool of thread. Ugh.. I really should have. The scissors, not so much, but I could have gotten away with a travel sewing kit or something.

That's enough whining though. XD The room I'm set up in is very comfortable. It's not huge, but it's large enough for me to feel cozy but not claustrophobic, which is nice. Christy, it's about the size of your bedroom, but slightly wider, and not as long. The walls are painted a soft comforting blue, but it doesn't scream Nursery. I've got a fullsized bed, a dresser, and a couple of bookcases in here, with room still to walk on either side of the bed. I love the bed and dressert set. They're pretty, a nice natural color of wood, not too dark, and not that awful orange that cheap oak furniture tends to be. I took a photo after I put the new sheets on my bed, a few days ago, in preparation for this post. :3 I've moved my suitcases/bags around a little since.

Photobucket

That's Ro curled up inside the main cubby of the headboard. He likes small dark places, like I do. I used to curl up in the bottom of my closet with a flashlight and a book. @_@ It's weird because I'm claustrophobic but I find closets soothing. Or maybe it's a fear of small places that can move? I have a fear of being crushed in small dark places. But anyway, Elli and Declan are sitting inside the left cubby, and Phelan, Seanan, and the two rolling heads, Elliot and Onigiri, are in the righthand cubby. Then I've got my jewelry box (made by my grandfather a very long time ago, it's my most treasured belonging, since it's all I have from him, and he passed when I was 7 years old), Ichigo's rainbow box that I keep the items that belong ONLY to him inside, and the stuff I keep close to me when I sleep, like my inhaler, phone, wallet, etc.

I will probably put the doll chairs on the top of the headboard, when I've got them again. I may, however stick the doll furniture on top of the chest of drawers, since it's a wider flat surface. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Anyway, as I said at the top of this entry, I'm settling in very comfortably. Dad seems to be doing alot better (not completely better, but a marked improvement from Wednesday the 10th), and aside from some minor panic that everything had changed initially, I'm relieved to be home. I still need and want to go back to Virginia to get my belongings, and visit Christy and company, and I'm looking forward to that trip. I'm just waiting now, and in the mean time, I'm going to try and find work nearby.

2 comments:

  1. While your walking take some time to walk the trail at the park and just relax and enjoy your walk. It should be exercise and purposeful but it should make you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about picking up a pizza from Little Caesar on my way over to your place tomorrow night, and we could walk around in said park and talk until it was dark and the boogeymen came out. At which time we could smack them with our wands and turn them into boogiemen and do a little dancing?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.