Sunday, September 28, 2008

I made guacamole! :D

This evening, Jenni and I made Pico de Gallo and Guacamole. I made the guac, and she made the pico. Mine takes less work and is more newbie friendly. It was delicious. I'm used to the much saltier restaurant varieties, and it was a rather refreshing difference. Jenni de-seeded the jalapeno for my sake, because I do not like spicy food much. I know, why am I eating Mexican, right? It's cause I'm a Texan. If you live in Texas, you're bound to come around to Mexican or Texmex eventually. Or Texican as we sometimes joke. Though I think then you have to go back to the Tejas roots. So it'd be Tejacan, or something. But I digress.

It was tasty! I mostly stuck to the quac, with some sour cream, and corn chips. I would have loved some melted cheese, maybe some black olives, but that kind of defeats the healthy dinner aspect, I think. Cutting out the sourcream and chip aspect, we were eating veggies, with not much salt added. So, all things considered it was a healthy dinner.

I think I'd love to make that and have it on Taco night, with some cheese, ground beef, and maybe even some actual jalapeno in mine, not just in the pico. Christy has made me braver about food. I love trying new things in theory, but she was always really mellow about introducing new food to me, and now I'm alot less picky. Thanks BFF!

All that aside, I'm feeling relatively normal again, barring any new drama. *knocks on wood* I hope things are going well for my friends and family. :3

2 comments:

  1. Next payday I will have to take you to the taqueria near me that makes the aguacate tortas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will learn to love to eat yummy thing living with me. Frozen pizza, hot pockets, brean AND butter, you know adventerous cuisine!
    JK THanks for your help in the kitchen last night. It turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.