Saturday, April 16, 2016

GoFundMe Update

First of all, I want to thank everyone who has been able to help in any way with our GoFundMe. In addition to the financial contribution, I have had some people in different communities send food, and help by directly paying for some of the prescriptions.

I have one last prescription that desperately needs filled (I am out and overdue on doses), but this medication is the most expensive by far at approximately $150. This is also one that not taking REALLY screws up everything. I wasn't exaggerating when I said that all of my prescriptions were very seriously mandatory maintenance prescriptions.

This would be somewhat less of an issue if Osaka's not-ex-enough husband were doing as he is supposed to and sending even minimal financial support but he is currently dodging calls, ignoring texts, and happily posting on facebook as though nothing is wrong.

Which leaves us in the precarious position of having our phone and internet about to be cut off (because seriously the money he sends goes to regular bills as well as food), and not having much in the way of food in the house still despite the help that we have received from our friends.

I really hate to ask, but even $5 and $10 donations would be incredibly helpful. Osaka says to keep the phone/internet on, we need between $80-100, depending on whether they charge additional late fees, so if we can get together about $250 in total in the next two to three days, that would take care of the most important things and we can then worry about making what we have, work for food for us and the dogs.

I haven't mentioned on the GoFundMe exactly the dynamic here, but our priorities are life-important medicine, food for dogs and Ringo, and then bills, and then food for us adults. We're not being reckless, we're just trying to keep things moving.

Thank you to everyone who has been able to help, whether by signal boosting or sending food, sending money, all of it is helpful, and we really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.