30 Day BJD Meme
Day 18: Do you have a favorite company?
Despite their US site having gone wonky, my favorite is probably Volks. They may not be the amazingly engineered Fairyland super poseable dolls, but they are sturdy, stand rock solid, and they have a pleasant heft to them. Additionally even a very loosely strung doll is capable of holding most poses because of the way Volks has designed their bodies.
The only body I really don't like is the MSD swarrico body, which Amelia has. I feel that it poses in a slightly inferior way to the standard MSD body, and what it gains in the "cute sit" ability, it loses in general poseability. I also think that Volks dolls are just plain prettier in person than they can ever be in photos. Dolls I would have never thought I would like are stunning in person, even unpainted, and that is a HUGE deal for me.
I don't have a photo of ALL the Volks dolls together but I think I have one of all the Volks MSDs including Ringo's Ken.
19) A least favorite company?
20) What is your dream doll?
21) One doll you love, but will never (probably) buy?
22) What’s your favorite doll scale prop?
23) Is there a part of the BJD hobby that you dislike?
24) What about your favorite part of the hobby?
25) Have you ever modded a doll? (Do you think that you would?)
26) Done your own faceups? (Again, do you think you’d do that?)
27) Do you have a favorite out of your own dolls? (Don’t worry, we won’t tell the others ;D)
28) Post a crazy/silly pose!
29) Post a picture of your dolls exploring the outside world!
30) Have you ever been to a doll meetup? Did you enjoy it/do you plan to go to one in the future?