Tuesday, April 12, 2016

30 Day BJD Meme Day 19

30 Day BJD Meme

Day 19: A least favorite company?

This is hard. There are many companies that I don't have much interest in, but the heartbreaking least favorite used to be my absolute favorite. Custom House/Ai Dolls, which went under due to mismanagement, poor marketing, and the inability to fill orders and send out quality dolls. It was gut wrenching to see them go from being a well respected company to persona non grata in the course of about a year. I am pleased that Luts has picked up the rights to many of their sculpts and hope to some day have some of the dolls that I desperately wanted even in a slightly different form. Ultimately though Custom House is my least favorite because of the way they went down unapologetically in flames and their customer service went from steller to ignoring customer issues and then folding.

I still love my Custom House dolls, Elli, and Émile, but I also barely touch them because of my fear of damaging truly irreplaceable dolls, and the drama associated with their parent company.


20) What is your dream doll?
21) One doll you love, but will never (probably) buy?
22) What’s your favorite doll scale prop?
23) Is there a part of the BJD hobby that you dislike?
24) What about your favorite part of the hobby?
25) Have you ever modded a doll? (Do you think that you would?)
26) Done your own faceups? (Again, do you think you’d do that?)
27) Do you have a favorite out of your own dolls? (Don’t worry, we won’t tell the others ;D)
28) Post a crazy/silly pose!
29) Post a picture of your dolls exploring the outside world!
30) Have you ever been to a doll meetup? Did you enjoy it/do you plan to go to one in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.