Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I quit Walmart.

So I quit today. I tried to stick it out, but I had a massive (continuation of a) panic attack, and I just could not process. I really wanted to stick it out until I found a better job, but I just could not handle it.

But, I have a job interview at JoAnns in the morning, and I've called Hobby Lobby to see if/when they're hiring. The JoAnns interview is for a framing position, which is what I did when I worked at Michaels. Any openings at Hobby Lobby would be for the same.

I'm a bit calmer now than I was this morning. Going to Knit Night helped me to calm down alot, and I started a scarf. I'll post pictures another time. I'm still a bit frazzled. I was really really worried about Jenni's reaction. It was calmer than I was expecting.

I'm hoping tomorrow's interview goes really well. Rose is taking me. She and I have also worked out a ride arrangement, so if they hire me, I'll do fine. I'm still a bit nervous, and I feel really anxious and depressed about quitting, but I feel that things will work out.

Honestly, I'm a bit frustrated right now, but I couldn't think of anything else to do. I was trying to stick it out, until I could get work elsewhere, but with my schedule, I didn't really have off the right times to be able to call around easily, and check on my applications. I called JoAnns this morning, right before I left for my shift, and I called Hobby Lobby this afternoon, shortly after I came back home. JoAnns called me back right after I got off the phone with Hobby Lobby, which was good timing.

I still feel a little panicky, and I'm still worried sick about all the things I need to be doing, but I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time for now, and get things done that way.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what reaction you were expecting. You are 25 and an adult. I don't have to like or agree with your choices. I should keep most of my advice and opinions to myself unless asked for. That is what I am trying to do.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.