Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Help me fix my ipod?

Okay, so when I was walking to and from work, early in the month, at Walmart, I was listening to my ipod to make the walk easier. Unfortunately one of those days I was walking home, I dropped my ipod and it got stuck on lock.

Now, I've looking into the problem, and it looks like it should be an easy fix. The cable that connects the locking mechanism to the harddrive comes loose alot in my model, the 5th Generation Video ipod. So, if I can get my ipod open, I should be able to fix it easy.

Problem is, I can't GET my ipod open. I looked online and there are alot of tools they sell with replacement batteries, to open your ipod, but no one sells the tools seperately that I can find, and I don't NEED a new battery because I've taken really good care of this one, and it still holds a charge well.

So, I'm asking, if you know of a place that sells the tool seperately, or if you have one that I could borrow, please let me know. If I must send it off to be repaired, I will, but I would much prefer to fix it myself if I can. I'm not worried about voiding the warranty because my warranty is up anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.