Monday, January 19, 2009

Doll Wishlist

So, I was poking around, looking at some different doll sites, and I decided to do a break down of my doll wishlist. I've been pruning it, and updating it, for the past several weeks, and I think I've narrowed it down to only the dolls I really am willing to shell out for, rather than the ones I love to look at and won't buy.

First though I want to do a breakdown of the dolls I already own, in the order I got them. I'm not going into characters here, just which dolls I bought and when.

I got Ro, my Dream of Doll Tender Yen first. I ordered him when I was staying with Dad briefly, and Nick was in boot camp for the Navy. He arrived shortly before I left Texas for Great Lakes, Illinois. He will always hold a very special place in my heart, and I'm looking forward to having him restored to how I loved him best.

Then I got Elli, my Custom House Mars for Valentine (2006 version). I knew I wanted a second doll, to interact with Ro, and I thought that all I'd ever want was the two of them. I looked at the Mars and Uriel sculpts and decided I really wanted a Uranus, which is the Uriel head, on the Little Junior body, but since those dolls were really limited, I voted for Mars. Then Mars for Valentine came out, and it was like a need that I can't describe. I was desperate to get him, and I ended up borrowing the money from a friend, and paying them back in installments. And, when Elli arrived, he was different than I expected, but I still love him very dearly. I play with him the least, because he is special in a different way, and I'm terrified to play with him, and scratch his perfect faceup again.

Then I got Ichigo. I knew I wanted a Volks Tsubaki, when I saw them on Den of Angels (specifically Tasu's Sora), but I didn't really think I'd ever be able to get one, because they can only be bought at the Volks Sato store. Then my online friend Shnooks got one, via Ria_Ria on Den of Angels. It blew my mind because a shopping service had never occurred to me. So, I contacted Ria_Ria, and worked out a layaway plan. I sold Ro's body, for the deposit on Ichigo, since I was planning to upgrade Ro to a more posable body anyway. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but Ichigo was the beginning of my love for Volks dolls.

Next I got a Volks Tinatsu, that I bought from Radiotrash. I loved it immediately, and did a trade, of the lower torso part, to make mine a boy. I named him Gabriel, and he was a tiny incarnation of Thor, for awhile, and later became a twin to my Sweet Dream Piccolo, and later still, a wolf boy, and later still is a girl again, named Christopher. @_@

I got my Sweet Dream Piccolo from EvaFriedel. She brought him to the doll meetup where I met Ti Chan actually. I told her if she ever decided not to keep him, to keep me in mind, and a few months later I bought him from her. He's gone through a few different characters as well, but has settled well into the Hanlon Clan, as Seanan.

Then my Custom House order arrived. I'd ordered a Mars and a Uriel, to make a Uranus for myself and a Petite Mars for Rissa (her Trevor). Uranus was an incarnation of Nick, to hold me over when he was out on deployment. When Nick asked for a divorce, I put Isaac (his old name) away for awhile. He eventually became Declan Hanlon, third born in a large Irish Catholic family.
When I was staying with Christy, Souldoll discontinued all their old SD sculpts. I was upset, because I'd wanted a Lune, and never got a chance to get him. He hadn't been a priority because he wasn't limited. So, when a Lune head was for sale on the marketplace for a reasonable price, I grabbed him. I was going to make him into a Detective Elliot Stabler doll from Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, but I found a different doll that will suit that character more, so right now he's tucked away until I buy him a body and figure out who he is.

Then when Christy went to Volks New York Dolpa this last year, she got a School C Head for me, which I reimbursed her for. It was the chance of a lifetime, and I'm eternally grateful, as I'd have had to pay probably $400 for just the head otherwise. I'm currently waiting for the price of SD 10 bodies to go down, before I complete him. He's Onigiri, and I'm so happy to have him. He's another doll I didn't really think I'd be able to get.

So that's all the dolls and heads I have at the moment. Now we move on to the dolls I want. :] I have this list, on my Resinality and Den of Angels profiles, listed in alphebetical order by company, and order of want as a further organization.

First on my list is Custom House Meoloo, who has been discontinued. I'll have to find him second hand, but I'm desperate to do so. I love his little face, and no one else will do for Declan's mischevious twin, Breck. I can't just link to him, since he's been discontinued, so here's the one picture I have of him. He will also have the really vibrant red hair that Declan and Seanan have.
Photobucket

Second and third on my list are two Fairyland Puki Pukisha. I waffle about these, but every time I see them in photos (and since I saw one in person) I really want one, or in my case, two. I want both the openeyed and sleepy eyed versions.

Fourth on my list is Michele, my Fairyland Littlefee Shiwoo. I posted about him a week or two ago, and he is one of the two or three that I'm hoping to be able to buy this year. He'll be Marius's son.

Fifth is Marius, a Fairyland Minifee Luka. He's absolutely beautiful, and I can hardly wait to have my softspoken frenchman hanging around. I want the basic version, but it hasn't been released yet, so I link to the full package version. I've settled on medium brown hair for him and his son. He will have eyes with blue and brown in them, and I'm currently searching for just the right pair of dual-colored eyes.

Sixth is another of the Hanlon Clan. Rylee is the firstborn child of Leslie, and she is an Iplehouse Amy. I love her face, her little teeth, and her size and build, in relation to the little juniors. I think she'll fit in really well, with the small bust option. Personality-wise I don't have her figured out yet but I think she is a protective older sister who is a little bit shy.

Seventh on the list, is the father of the Hanlon Clan, Leslie. Leslie is an Iplehouse Louis, my second SD-sized love. I've wanted one, ever since I saw his picture, but because he isn't limited, he hasn't been a priority. I'm aiming to get him towards the end of this year, or early next year. I've waffled over getting him in white skin or regular, and I don't think I will know for certain which I want, until I order him. I have settled on the muscle body though. The model body is too thin for my tastes.

Eighth on my list is Iplehouse Evan. I would LOVE to be able to get the limited fullset, but I don't have $1000 sitting around. @_@ So, I will suck it up, and aim to get the basic version. I don't know who he is, character-wise, but he's too beautiful to pass up, much like Ichigo and Onigiri were.

Ninth on my list, is my new Elliot Stabler, Iplehouse Akando. He has the perfect face and build, and I knew it as soon as I saw the basic version. I'm not sure when I'll be getting him, but I do definitely want him.

Number ten, is Leekeworld Min. There is just something about his sweet smiling face that I need in my crew. His name is Caleb, but I don't know anything else about him. If you scroll down to the summer pictures, you can see his faint smile, that won me over.

Eleven is Simon, a Luts Elf Cherry boy. He's Ichigo's best friend, and a little demon boy. He's the tamest demon around, and Ichigo is the least angelic angel, which is why they make such a funny match. I plan to dress him more goth-punk.

Number twelve, is a Luts El. I know everyone and their dog has one, but I've always loved that face, and I have a character in mind for him. My friend Devan has one, and I got to play with her boy alot, and knew I needed one of my own.

Thirteen, is another Hanlon Clan boy. Ossian is a Sleepy Narsha boy, and he fits in between the older set of twins, and all the little bitty kids. Ossian dotes on his baby sister Oilbhe, and will speak for her, since she doesn't talk.

Number fourteen is Rohan, a Rosen Leid Maret. Rohan is twin to Edana, and second youngest in the Hanlon family.

Fifteenth on the list, is Rohan's twin, Edana. She is a Rosen Leid Melody. She and Rohan are the youngest set of twins, and generally play by themselves, and avoid the other children.

Sixteenth, is the final Hanlon child, Oilbhe. She is a Rosen Leid Melon. She's the only child whose hair is not red in any way shape or form. She doesn't speak at all, and will gesture to get what she wants.

Seventeenth on my list, is one that I debate about. I've wanted him since I first saw him, but I don't know that I will ever actually get him. He hasn't fallen off the list yet, but I want most of the dolls on my wishlist, more than I want him. Tiku, is a Soom Pepper. He's a little squirrel boy, and I have all sorts of fun ideas for him.

Eighteenth is a doll that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get, and isn't a huge priority, but I would love to have some day. Unoa Sist, boy. I've always liked the Unoas, and I'm not crazy about either of the boy faces, but I don't really want a girl, so I'd love to have a Sist boy. I can't link, and I don't have pictures of one either. @_@

The nineteenth doll on my list, is Nephi. I want a Volks FCS MSD F-08, in sunlight skin. I've seen some gorgeous owner pictures, and I definately want this boy. It will be awhile though, because he's a Sato exclusive mold, so I plan to wait until I have the opportunity to travel to Japan.

Twentieth on my list, is a Volks FCS SD-13 F-29. I hope to be able to order him at a New York Dolpa, one of these years soon. He will be my Link (as in from Zelda), and I'm really excited about him.

Twentyfirst on my list is Volks MSD Hewitt. I don't seem to have any photos saved, but he's super cute. I don't know that I'll ever be able to get him, but I would love to own one, some day.

Last, at twentysecond on my list, is Hoshiko, a Volks Sweet Dream Tsubaki. I'll need to get her through a shopping service as well. She is Ichigo's twinsoul. I'd like to have her on a MSD girl body.

So, that is my very long wishlist. @_@ And, these are just the dolls, that I really intend to buy, not counting all the dolls I LOVE but don't want to own.

::Edit:: What the hell? I left out one of the most important dolls. @_@ Souldoll Gisele, to be Lil, the mother of the Hanlon clan. I don't know, HOW I missed her. x_x

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.