Saturday, December 19, 2015

70 Questions, Photos and Stuff.

And now something hopefully a bit more lighthearted, which I took off Faythe's journal, the questions not the answers. She did it as a 7 day thing but I did it all at once cause I needed something to DO with school all wrapped up.

1. Are you jealous of someone you love?
I rarely express jealousy, and I try not to put myself in positions where it will be an issue.
2. Is making the right decision hard?
Sometimes. Occasionally the right thing to logically do is not what I feel PULLED to do. I have to follow my gut and think it over in situations like this, or it comes back to bite me.
3. What kind of language would you like to learn?
All of them, spoken, written, and signed. I am incredibly passionate about languages. I am currently learning American Sign Language.
4. Is there a stereotype about your country that pisses you off?
Yes. The USA is far too diverse to be accurately portrayed at all. A handful of stereotypes scattered over a couple of decades does not paint a clear picture of any country.
5. What do you appreciate more hearing or seeing?
While I appreciate sound, and would be sad if I lost my hearing, I would be devastated if I lost my sight. I could not stomach living without art and music both.
6. Have you ever got lost in somewhere? What happened?
I have gotten lost a handful of times and every single time it has been one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. The earliest experience I wandered walked away from my sisters at the botanical gardens connected to the Dallas Zoo I believe at age four. Then at age twelve or thirteen I got lost in downtown Dallas on a field trip to the Dallas Art Museum when I got separated from my group. I walked back to the museum, sat down on the sidewalk and cried. The most recent experience was about a year ago in Chesapeake after I got lost trying to find the bus stop after seeing a new psychologist trying to get back to Virginia Beach. I kept walking in the general direction I came from for about three miles until I found the gas station I remember being dropped off near.
7. Seas or mountains?
Both. I saw the mountains for the first time a few years back in East Tennessee and loved the land. It was gorgeous.

8. Lakes or fields?
Lakes are filthy. Fields are muddy.
9. Are you easy to anger?
Sometimes. Generally I'm easygoing but I have some big shiny red button triggers that are easy to slap, and a nasty temper.
10. What do you like most about your looks?
That depends entirely on how depressed I am. Usually I like my face. I have green eyes and a pleasant face unless I am angry. 

11. If you could change just one thing about the world what would it be?
Medical Care in USA.
12. What is the most noticeable feature in your looks in your opinion?
Probably my face. I have kind of a baby face, and green eyes.
13. Do you fear death?
No.
14. Do you fear life?
Yes.
15. What calms your nerves?
Music, Art, a few select people.
16. Is there someone who gives a crap?
Yes there are a few people who do.
17. Are you romantic?
Like you wouldn't believe.
18. Stars or the sun?
Stars for days.
19. Rain for 90 days or drought for 90 days?
Rain forever.
20. What season do you enjoy most? What month?
Autumn despite it being the time of my onset of yearly depression.

21. No sleeping or no eating for a week? (don’t worry you would stay alive, you’d just suffer. so basically: staying hungry or tired?)
Both make me cranky but no sleep makes me crazy.. can it be productive crazy?
22. Do you think you’re better than your peers?
Sometimes, but not like superior as a human, just perhaps having a different skill set.
23. Do you feel comfortable at social gatherings?
Rarely.
24. Are you hard to impress?
Maybe? Some people impress me easily but they are charismatic. Others can be ...technically intelligent and aesthetically pleasing and smug and I just will not be impressed with them.
25. What is the most physically appealing thing in the sex you're attracted to?
HAHA. I am not attracted to physical features. I do like blue eyes, but I also appreciate brown, green, hazel, etc.
26. What is the most mentally appealing thing in the sex you're attracted to?
Intelligence, humor, charisma, and humility. Musical or artistic talent goes a LONG way too.
27. What do you think about one night stands?
Not a fan.
28. What position do you sleep in?
Violently.
29. Are you a dreamer? Are you motivated enough to achieve your goals?
Yes and yes, but I take a very long time to do so.
30. What is the weirdest thing in your room?
A bunch of glass eyes in a metal box.

31. Believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely, but I don't think it's a lasting thing.
32. Link a song that you liked five years ago.
Five years ago.. um.. (OK Go - Here it Goes Again)
33. Link a song that you liked ten years ago.
Geez. I'm not good with time traveling like this. (The Toadies - Backslider)
34. Have you changed a lot in the last two years?
I changed enough to finally go to college. Also my health has declined terribly so yes.
35. Favorite fruit?
Fruits upset my stomach with their high acidity, but I do enjoy them. x_x
36. Do you say things just because people want to hear them?
Nope. I refuse to lie or tell people what they think they want to hear.
37. Do your friends get you?
I'm not sure but they try to.
38. What are you the most proud of?
At the moment I am damned proud of carrying straight As on a 12 credit semester of college for my very first semester of college.
39. What Disney character do you emotionally relate to?
Maleficent.
40. Who is your favorite hero/ine?
Dr McNinja

41. Is small talk easy for you?
Not as such.
42. Do you get along with classmates?
Better now than I did at the beginning of the school year. It's easier with adults.
43. Best beauty tips?
Moisturizer is your friend.
44. What ordinary things make you happy on a daily basis?
Breathing without pain, music, when I can sing along with my mp3 player without my voice cracking.
45. Are you creative?
Yes
46. Name three things you look for in a partner.
Honesty, humility, patience.
47. Skirts or jeans?
Jeans.
48. Do you fancy rompers?
Not so much no.
49. Define your style in a few words: clothing style, talking style, dream house.
Comfort for practicality. If I were slimmer, and wealthier I would dress to the nines in velvet and silk and vests and pinstripes and hounds-tooth, with gorgeous shiny shoes with fancy buckles and swanky socks.
50. Does practice make it perfect?
Perfection is unreasonable as a goal. However practice does improve ability and hone talent.

51. Do you believe in angels?
In a sense
52. Explain your url.
I assumed my family would disown me when/if I transitioned so I had chosen a name not associated with my birth name or life and used it online for years as my username everywhere.
53. Order or chaos?
Organized chaos.
54. Black or white?
Rainbows and grey scale.
55. Is there a one that got away?
I am the one that got away.
56. Are birds cute or annoying?
Ducks are cute. Herons are beautiful. Waterfowl in general, I have gained appreciation for (except geese), but domestic birds I detest.
57. Does the other sex make you nervous?
People make me nervous only when they are an unknown quantity.
58. Past, present or future?
Ugh. I don't want any of it.
59. Do you care about the big picture or your close territory?
Details.
60. Cute or sexy?
What is this question supposed to be even?

61. How do you drink your coffee or tea?
I don't drink coffee, and I am allergic to tea.
62. What makes you smile every time?
Puns, music, and art.
63. Do you like people coming up to you for help?
Quite a bit, but I'm not sure why exactly. I get bossy.
64. Are you comfortable talking about sex?
Absolutely unless/until it becomes apparent that someone is trying to flirt with me, and then I get super uncomfortable.
65. Are you open to new things?
Absolutely NOT.
66. Post four selfies (or pictures) that you originally took to your friends.
Okay. First the photograph of the intact sand dollar I found at the beach right as I began my medical transition; a symbol of new beginnings that I still have and will be carefully shadowboxing with this photograph.



And my second favorite thing naturescapes, specifically winter sunrise and sunset.



67. Are there any movie scenes that make you cry every time?
Yes I avoid movies that make me cry.
68. Do you have friends you consider as family?
Yes, my best friend Osaka, her brother Wotan, Steve, and many many people from my livejournal friendslist.
69. Are you a morning person?
Ah no. If I am awake in morning it is because I must be for work or because I have not slept.
70. Heavy or light sleeper?
I don't know. I don't sleep well. I have sleep apnea but it hasn't been properly diagnosed so it's not being treated yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.