Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ten days of whatever. Day Ten.

Day Ten: (One confession)

I know, I'm several hours late, and it's bled into the next day.

I really didn't want to this one, but I feel obligated. I did the rest of it. I don't really have anything to confess. I got the biggest darkest secret off my chest over the summer. I came out to my family as a transexual, announced my intent to transition, and took it from there.

I was convinced my family was going to disown me. That's why I waited so long. I didn't want to lose them. I may not see eye-to-eye with my family all the time (specific members rather than in general) but I do love them, and they are very important to me, differences aside.

If my family had chosen to cease all contact with me, the way I expected them to, I would have moved forward in a different way. Yes, I would have been devastated, but I was expecting it, so I had a plan.

I chose a name, ages ago, when I expected the worst. I was going to be Rorek Gabriel Wolfe. Not because I dislike my name, but because if my family wanted nothing to do with me, keeping the family name would have been a constant painful reminder of my past.

I love my name. Choosing a new alternate name was a difficult choice, and as it turns out, irrelivant. I will keep my first and last name (and initials), and change my middle name, from Marie to Matthew. That's it. A simple change, still connected to family, still recognizable to all the places that keep track of me (government, banks, etc).

It's a poor confession, but it's the only deep dark secret I had.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should go for Mahonri-Moriancumr. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    I think you're amazing and very couragous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    I think you're amazing and very couragous!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.