Friday, March 1, 2013

I'm getting contacts.. and walking in a marathon.

So this morning I went and had my eye exam. I was about a month overdue. I have this nasty habit of not having health insurance. :P But since I've got good insurance now, I'm doing all the things I'm supposed to do.

I did all my overdue bloodwork a couple weeks back, I'm doing my glasses/contacts stuff now, and once all that is sorted proper, I'll do my maintenancey dental stuff.

So today as I said, I had my eye exam. I've been wanting to try contacts for a couple of years but I hate touching my eyes. The exam went well, I don't have any eye pressure problems or other health concerns. I do have a mild astigmatism in my right eye but not bad enough to be ineligible for contacts.

I was given a trial pair, and shown how to put them in and take them out. I was also given instructions to were them for 4 hours today, 6 hours tomorrow, and 10 hours Monday, and then I can wear them as long as I need.

I have a follow up appointment for next Friday morning to voice any concerns and then decide whether I want contacts for sure, or glasses, or both.

In only vaguely related news, I was really proud of myself this morning. The shopping complex that the eyeglass place is in, is one of our favorites, and it used to take me about an hour to walk there comfortably. It took 35 minutes to walk there this morning, and about 25 minutes to walk back.

I'm pretty thrilled about that, as I was signed up for an 8k run this month to represent work, and I've been concerned about my ability to complete it in the time alloted.

This is the marathon. http://www.shamrockmarathon.com/

I will be WALKING with three of my co-workers (who may choose to run) to show community support. I don't run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.