Thursday, March 28, 2013

Graze Box 2

My second graze box arrived yesterday. It took longer to arrive this time. I've changed from every two weeks to every week, but that won't start until next box cycle.

This box was mostly sweet.

LOVED the pomodoro rustichella. I ate that yesterday right away. It was savory and delicious.

This afternoon I ate the other three nibbles.

Cookies and cream - sweet, balanced but definitely sweet. I didn't care for the hazelnuts, so just a like.

Toffee apple - sweet, the caramel/toffee was VERY sweet, the apples were tart and soft, especially for dried fruit. I'm not a big fan of dried apples so this was only a like.

Tutti frutti - sweet! all the dried fruits were soft and almost juicy, very tender. Loved it.


Oh it looks like I didn't give a proper review of my first box, so here it is now, as best I can recall:

Florentine - Loved, good ratio of sweet to tart, just enough flavor.

Chili and lime pistachios - LOVE!~ I could eat those all day.

Fruity mango chutney - LOVE, good spice, nice flavor, just a touch of heat, not too sweet.

Summer berry flapjack - Meh. I don't hate them but I don't like them. Crumbly, kind of soft. I'm not gonna trash them, cause they're not terrible, but I'd rather have something else.

Not a bad mix. Most of my items in the first box were savory, this box mostly sweet. It'll be interesting to see what I get next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.