Saturday, August 13, 2016

Would not repeat this week for the world.

I hid from the world yesterday. Thursday I had a medical appointment in Arlington with Faythe for seriously overdue physical of a kind that I can not psychologically handle. Faythe held me hand, and I held hers, and it was terrifyingly reminiscent of a similar exam when she was 14 and I was 16. The nurse and doctor were fantastic, polite, great about trying to help us stay calm, and it will never be an exam that is not horrifically traumatic for both of us.

I was in excruciating pain as soon as the internal portion of the exam began, and I'm still sore. Yesterday I felt like a tube of toothpaste squeezed 'round the middle and held tight until close to 24 hours after the exam (5:30pm-ish). I finally slept when I could hear thunder booming outside my window. I woke up briefly at 10am, uncomfortable, drank some water and went back to sleep until 3 or 4am. Not exactly sure.

This threw a huge spanner in the works in terms of trying to get anything done with school. I'm actively trying to allocate documents and get my old school website to let me in so that I can save and print off my unofficial transcripts in the interim. Unless/Until the school confirms receipt of my official ones I can't attend school but the unofficial ones will allow me to "confirm" my grades and apply for classes without further testing. If they don't receive my transcripts that I mailed like 2 weeks ago, by Sept 12th I will be dropped. I'm anxious about that.

Today a box from Osaka is due to arrive according to tracking, and I'm pleased about that. Mom may have made plans to do things today, I don't know because I was asleep when she got in, and she was asleep when I woke briefly in the night. I'll find out soonish depending on how long she sleeps.

I have slept so much in the last week and I am still so very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.