Tuesday, December 30, 2008

:O Walmart pulled through!

I have a job! I start at the Walmart Neighborhood Market, tomorrow, 1pm, for orientation. It's close enough to comfortably walk, or ride my bike, and it will be night shift hours which will be incredibly convenient for me. My shift will be 10pm to 7am, after orientation.

I was told, the department manager I'll be working with, has a very particular organizational style, and can be a real bear to work with, if you don't understand and respect that. I think I'll get on fine, as I've got Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and so stacking boxes on aisles in a particular pattern or style, greatly appeals to my nature.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this, and this afternoon, I'm gonna ride my bike there and back, both to time myself, and to see how badly out of shape I am on the bike. I also plan to swing by the Library and get a new library card, since there is one, like vaguely nearby, in the same general range as the Walmart. I'll look up the location before I go. 8D

I'm so excited! I know it's only a Walmart job, not a craft store, as I was hoping, but this will actually be alot easier. It's closer, easier to get to (I won't have to cross Interstate 30 on a bicycle), and the hours are ideal for my nocturnal schedule. YAY!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job!! I think the store you are referring to is right by my son's school. We go to that library all the time. In fact, I have to drop off library books sometime this afternoon while we're out that way for Tae Kwon Do (at the school)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually I-20. I would be very impressed by your Lance Armstrong-ness if you were biking across I-309 because I don't think I counld do that! Spin class or no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get I-20 and I-30 confused. :B

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.