Monday, December 29, 2008

OMNOM Monster Hat

Normally I'd wait to post this until it was all done, but I'm really pleased with how it came out, and how QUICKLY I was able to finish this part.

I'm making this hat for Chris, sans ear flaps. Today I went from basic cast on, to finished beanie. It still needs teeth and eyes, but I'm so happy with this, cause it was my first time (A) ribbing, and (B) decreasing. I was really nervous to knit the decreases here, without another knitter nearby to help in case I screwed up, but I did it! So, I share with you, two photos, of the hat in progress.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I'm about to start a matching scarf, if I can find a pattern that is simple and suitably pretty.

4 comments:

  1. It looks great; I knew you could do it!

    What did you decide on for the scarf? A 1 x 1 rib would be a good choice, with stitches slipped as if to purl at the beginning of each row to give you a nice, even edge.

    Have you posted on the board to see if anybody has any undyed or cream sockweight yarn? Shoot me an email, and I will rummage through my needlepoint yarn remnants to see if I have something approximately the right color for teeth. I don't think I have a pure white...

    But then, how often do monsters brush and floss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I posted up on the board. Jeri thinks she might have something, and is gonna check her stash. And as long as the teeth are in the teeth colored range, I'll be happy. I just didn't think red teeth would work.

    As for scarves, I looked at alot of patterns last night, and most of the ones I like, are REALLY complicated, so I may go with ribbing after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that scarf queued, but I couldn't quite understand the instructions.

    I ended up whipping up a quick scarf yesterday, stockinette with a garter stitch border. I need to weave in the ends and block it, but essentially it's done. I'll bring it to Knit Night tonight. :]

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.