Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Knitting Projects, continued.

Knit Night was nice tonight. Though the weather was atrocious. It was sleeting when Mom picked me up. I was glad for my new sweaters, but on the other hand I need a hat to go with, cause I miss having a hood to pull over my head. Maybe I'll making a matching scarf and hat. I'm sure I could make both fairly easily, with some guidance.

I went ahead and updated my projects on Ravelry with new photos and better details.

The green sweater I've been knitting is going nicely i think. My stitches seem to be pretty consistant, and there aren't any obvious mistakes. I've finished the torso, with Mom's help on Saturday (the 6th). I'd accidently done too many rows on one shoulder and didn't realize till I'd completed a three needle bind off, so I set that aside and got together with Mom, and she fixed it for me. Today, Jeri(one of the nice ladies at Knit Night) helped me to start a sleeve. You can see what I've done here:
Photobucket

And Saturday after we fixed the shoulders, I started a new project on a really swanky pair of circular needles, borrowed from Jeri last Tuesday. I'm aiming for a doll blanket big enough to comfortably cover two MSDs. So, I started with 60 stitches, and I'm just running with that. If I run out of yarn and it's not a good shape, I'll frog it, and start over at 50 or 40 stitches. The purple blanket was 37 stitches, and I'd like it to be wider than that, but I need to allot for how much yarn I have to work with, and that I don't know how to switch to a different ball mid-project yet. Anyway, this is what I have so far:
Photobucket

It curls alot, but I couldn't get the hang of the built in border Mom was talking about. I tried doing a knitting border all around the stockinette body, but I ended up with accidental increases, so I frogged it back to the basic knitting, and just did the knit a row, purl a row, and if I can figure out how, I'll add a border to the sides later. Otherwise it'll just be a blanket that curls.

Oh! And you can see in the second photo, the lovely stitch markers. Monica gave those to me tonight. She was saying, you can't be a knitter without knitting jewelry. She made them herself. They're really pretty, and make it alot easier to keep track of all my stitches on this blanket. 60 stitches is harder to count out, than 30 or so.

Oh, and on the job front, I called JoAnns back this afternoon, and was told that the manager I've been talking to, wants me to come in for another interview, but needs to talk to the other manager to sort out a good time. So, this is somewhat promising. I'm trying to think positively without getting my hopes up. I just need work.

2 comments:

  1. Look at you, posting WIP's and casually using knitting jargon like you'd been knitting forever. You're a natural! And you make a great sandwich, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand half of what you said but that's ok. It sounds like you are having fun and that is the important part.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.