Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sorry I've been invisible.

I've been really quiet lately. Both in comments, and in posts. I miss my best friends to a crippling degree, and I feel apprehensive about the future.

I'm having very little in the way of luck, with job hunting. I want to work, but I HATE the running around, filling out applications, calling back, and scheduling interviews part. So I've been slower at getting that done, than I should be.

I have a bike now. Someone at the family church heard I was looking for one, and a member brought it by for me. This should make things easier in theory, but it's SO cold now. I feel like an idiot because I didn't try to bring more clothing, warmer clothing, with me. Also, I've regained all the weight I lost, staying with Christy, and some more on top of that. I detest being this heavy. It makes me feel worthless, helpless, to be this big. My clothes don't fit right, and I've only got like 10 super casual shirts, a pair of too-small jeans, and some khaki shorts. I don't have the kind of clothes I need for interviews, and even with my lip ring out, I look ridiculous.

I tried giving myself a more conservative haircut but it just looks like the butchered mohawk it is.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you, and I understand maybe a little of how frustrating your life is right now.

    Discount if you can the fact that I'm your mother. *I* don't think you look ridiculous. I think you look like a smart, capable woman.

    I have no doubt that you will find a job that is not only bearable, but mostly enjoyable, and that you will be able to make your hopes and dreams start coming true.

    You're working out with your sister, you have a bike, and over time your health and fitness will improve. Enjoy the cold weather as much as you can, while it lasts. All too soon it will be scorching! This is Texas, after all...

    Glad you had a good time at Knit Night. Wish I could have been in two places. Relief Society last night was everything it could and should be.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.