Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday decorations and Cheer! ..or the lack thereof.

Well we've got the house decorated for Christmas now. :] Derek put up the lights a couple of days ago, on the outside of the house, and we've done bits and pieces for I guess a week and a half, inside the house. I took some pictures, with the intention of posting them up here.

First, the outside of the house. I couldn't fit it all in one frame, without standing in the neighbors yard across the street.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And one where you can see down the walkway, to the front door, if just barely.
Photobucket

From inside the front door! See the snowflakes? I helped Jenni with some of those.
Photobucket

And lastly our Christmas tree.
Photobucket

Jenni wanted to get a real tree this year, which would have been awesome. She's got, I think, 10 foot ceilings in the livingroom, so a real tree, at the right height, would have looked just lovely, pretty much anywhere in the livingroom. Derek didn't want a real tree.

So, Jenni didn't want to put up the fake tree, which is a 6 foot. She called it her 'Charlie Brown' Christmas tree. There was alot of fussing and pouting all around. We had it about half assembled, when Ash complained that we weren't fluffing the branches enough, and we realized some of the branches were in the wrong place on the tree. I think Jenni chucked a branch at Derek at that point. After some more fussing and Ash declaring, "You're a Grinch(Derek), and you're a Scrooge!(Jenni)", we finally got the tree put together, and fluffed to Ash's satisfaction.

We left it undecorated for about a week. LOL. Then Sunday morning, after breakfast, Jenni and I put on all the ornaments. It may not be as tall as we would have liked, but it does look pretty, all lit up and decorated.

Aside from all that silliness, only two of the presents under the tree are real. Ash complained that with no presents under there, it looked silly, but she got her present (a new cellphone) early, and Derek got his gift(a gun) last month, so Jenni got some empty boxes, like for shipping gifts, at Walmart and wrapped those.

I kept joking, that it didn't really feel like the Holidays, unless there was family bickering, but I don't think anyone appreciated it. LOL.

3 comments:

  1. *I* appreciate it, LOL, though from a safe distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom hates it when I squabble with the people that I live with so she would much prefer your narration of events and a safe amount of distance.

    I can't even be mad that you told everybody I am Scrooge when your description of every thing is so accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I did try to see the humor in it, and portray that, Jenni. I certainly don't want to offend my keeper. And you have alot more Holiday spirit now, than you did at the time, which makes a big difference. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.