Saturday, December 13, 2008

Yarn! Lots of pretty yarn.

Alright, so I know I've had alot of knitting related posts lately. @_@ It's not stopping here either. I got photos of the yarns I have now. The ones I got last night, and the bits Mom has given me.

First, is this gorgeous green and brown, with a matching brown gradient. This was given to me, by Rebecca, who hosted the Knit Night Christmas party. I was talking, on Tuesday about how I wanted to make a scarf next, and I was thinking something in browns and greens, possibly self striping, that would feel really soft against my face. She piped up, saying she had something that sounded perfect, and I could see it at the Christmas party. It's a 50/50 wool/silk blend.
Photobucket
I know, I know, it looks more red than brown, but in person, it's more of a rusty brown than a red. The label reads Four Play, which I snickered about, until Mom looked at me, and said "Not that kind. F-O-U-R." and I turned red. I hate that Mom can still make me blush. XD

And, this is what I got from the yarn swap. I got a photo of the label for the info on this one.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was the second one to steal it, so I didn't have to worry about anyone else being able to take it. 8D I love the colors, and I don't know what I want to do with it yet, but it's pretty and it makes me happy. LOL.

And these, Mom gave to me, awhile back, but I haven't taken or posted pictures of them till now. It's just what was left over from some of her skeins, after a pair of socks, but it's enough to do something for a BJD, so I'm happy. :3

This one is called Burning Embers, but has been dubbed by our Knit group, 'Burning Bunnies'. It's what Mom took home from the Knit Night Christmas party last year. I want to use it for the main color, on a Fish hat for Chris, my Yo-SD that I posted, last entry.
Photobucket

I think this is Lotus Blossom Twinkletoes, going by the color, and what it matches on Mom's Ravelry. Please correct me, if I'm wrong, Mom. It's whatever was left over after a pair of socks. I'm aiming to make Ro, something special from it, though I haven't settled on exactly what yet.
Photobucket

And aside from these, I have some cotton yarns, that Jeri has given me, to practice with. The blue doll blanket I'm making, is from that.

4 comments:

  1. I thought those fish hats were seriously cool. In a couple of years (when his head isn't likely to outgrow it in a month) I'd like to have you make one for Kelton, maybe one for Ren too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it the same size for kids or adults. You just make it out of relatively stretchy yarn. I'm gonna make one for me, see how easy it is, and then if I don't go crazy with the first one, I'll see about making some more. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the blue is Lotus Blossom Twinkletoes. Same kind of yarn that we gave away at the yarn frenzy last night. [Wasn't Monica a hoot?}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah that was pretty hilarious. Poor Jeri. XD;; Though she did end up with that beautiful brown.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.