Thursday, December 6, 2012

Coping mechanism?

It just occurred to me that I've gotten so used to explaining/excusing my feelings, behaviors, and opinions that I forgot that isn't normal, or healthy for that matter.

I seem to do it to everyone though and over time they accept it as a neurosis.

The fact of the matter is that it started when I was very young, explaining away bruises. I think I should keep that in mind and learn to stop doing it.

Some might laugh that this post is more of the same. Maybe it is, but as I tend to re-read my posts it's also a reminder.

Unless you truly need an explanation, or in cases where that is socially appropriate, I am no longer going to rationalize my every thought to you. General you, not any specific person.

That said I hope everyone is having a nice week. It's been nice comfortably cool weather for a few weeks in Virginia Beach and I'm loving it.

Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.