Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tuesdays are long.

So I accidentally stayed up Sunday night into Monday binge-watching Being Human (UK version) halfway into Series 2. When I did realize how long I'd been awake I immediately went to sleep, slept about 7 hours, and woke for dinner, a little bit of conversation and went back to sleep for maybe 4 hours. I woke about 3 am.

I've packed lunches for Mom and me today. Tuesdays I tag along with her into work and we go to Knit Night afterwards with my sister Faythe. So I spend the day in downtown Dallas, down in the lobby playing Pokemon or Dragon Quest, or on my phone or drawing etc, while trying to ignore Fox News which is where the charging ports are.

I have also discussed with Mom getting some floating shelves to put along the wall where my dresser is for doll space. I want to get them up off the dresser, maybe some of them onto stands, and have a safe place for that. I also want to install a wall-mounted desk, but I'm trying to figure out the best (least expensive) way to do that, which will support the weight of a desktop PC. I'd also like to get narrow bedside table and possibly a laptop stand which I can swing round next to my bed. If I had more space I would have the bed set up as a day bed since it also functions as a couch for me for watching TV, playing games etc, and day beds area good fit for a twin mattress.

I don't want to commit to a bunch of real furniture though. I'm pretty upset that I had to leave my loft bed behind in Virginia and that I had to leave my really nice mattress behind in Tennessee. The one I'm using now is not a bad one, but I had a very nice one that I bought when I bought my bed.

Also my room is a very compact space. I believe it is the smallest of the three rooms, and I'm okay with that really, but ideally I would like to have enough room to have a functional bedroom AND space for the dolls and that so far is not working out to my liking. If/when I put in a desk (either tiny student desk or a wall mounted desk) I will have to put away the small amount of doll furniture that I do have out, and I really don't want to do that.

I'd like to put some floating shelves about my bed on the wall opposite the dresser for displaying completed Lego sets. I have many that I would love to have out on display and be able to take down for play.

It's a process. Anyway I have a long day ahead of me so I'm off. I hope you're all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.