Tuesday, September 20, 2016

General Health Update

I'm having some insomnia issues culminating in being awake for very long periods of time and then falling asleep at odd moments and places. I had a visit with my doctor this morning, and he took blood for routine lab work, and we discussed which medication I think has been causing some issues. We also discussed my need for a routine and some possibilities for getting enough physical activity during the hot times when I can't realistically get outside much.

I think the next step will be when I see him in a month discussing some low impact exercise I can do at home to help. I also emailed him prior to my appointment about some EDS information and if he is able to read up on that during the month (I do realize he is busy and has things to do) then we can discuss appropriate testing. In theory it is a simple flexibility check with some questions and observations but we'll see what we see.

In the meantime he re-upped my imitrex so I will have enough of that to get through the next month, and sent in a script for zophran for me to have on hand for when I get the really nasty sudden onset nausea.

Rather than continuing with Mom to work and then Knit Night we determined that I should come back home and try to rest. I've started a load of laundry and once I get that into the dryer, I will take out my contacts try for a nap. If my body won't have that, then find something to do that will be physically taxing.

My back is sore at this point from bending and lifting things. Overall pain is low. Dr M takes the blood himself and sends off what he needs to, to an outside lab, but much of it they can do in house. He seemed quietly amused that I wasn't bothered by him sticking me and didn't express much in the way of pain when the first stick didn't work and we had to switch to the other arm. I explained that while it wasn't comfortable it was nowhere near my levels of pain that I'm used to with medical stuff. I think I had an involuntary flinch or muscle spasm on my left arm where he initially tried. I'm impressed that there is no bruise there. I tend to have ridiculous bruising after blood work, usually immediately after.

Fingers crossed everything comes back normal. This is routine stuff, not looking for trouble stuff. Last lab results I had said that everything was functioning normally but it's been at least 6 months since my last ER visit or lab workup.

I am incredibly fatigued and I think my tolerance for heat is fluctuating, as what has been roughly comfortable in the house is now just a bit too warm, and I'm feeling overheated about 90% of the time. I'm not hot enough to be heat sick, but definitely warm enough to be uncomfortable. Dr M and I agreed that ideal temperature would be approximately 68F which is roughly where we had the thermostat in Virginia, but Mom is prone to bronchitis and that would be FAR too cold for her. We're going to try dropping it from 75F to 74F for awhile and see if that is enough. I will have Mom adjust the thermostat since I don't know how to work it, and I don't want to screw it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.