Sunday, April 19, 2009

Doran!

So, I don't draw very often anymore. I used to draw alot, pretty much every day, but I kind of stopped when I got married. I haven't improved much since Junior High. I'm still pretty happy with what I can pull off sometimes though. Today I was drawing, in church. I usually have my sketchbook, or a notepad, and either draw, or write, during the last hour of church. Today, I drew Doran. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to draw, but I'm pretty happy with what came out.

Photobucket

He still looks a little too old, but I think I'm getting closer to drawing him as he should look. For anyone new following my journal, this is Doran.

Photobucket

He's a Soom Glati, who was ordered on layaway. He's supposed to be shipped towards the end of summer, if they keep to their schedule. Mine will come unpainted, without the outfit or feathered wings. I already know how I want to do him up, and I'm pretty excited. The only thing I'm hesitant about, is that I want him to have more grown up looking horns. I think the way they chibi-fied the horns is cute, but not right for the character I have in mind.

Sorry Jenni, I know you think the photos of the eyes are creepy, but I couldn't find any photos of them inside the doll. Anyway these are the eyes I ordered with him:
Photobucket

So, he'll have silver eyes, and silver hair. His wig, is this one, that Chris wore for some photos last week:

Photobucket

And that's all of my photo spamming for now. XD I just wanted to share my drawing, and show how much closer it is to what I expect the final product to be, than my last drawings of him were.

2 comments:

  1. Okay- so I'll de-lurk since I admitted to blog-stalking you yesterday ;) I think you are a very talented person!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.