Friday, March 18, 2016

Doll Quiz Revisited

BJD Quiz~
Ganked from my own journal, originally posted Apr. 28th, 2012.

List your Crew! (Significant growth in 4 years)

Ro (DoC Tender Yen on WS Bluefairy Tinyfairy body)
Elli [Elijah Samuel] (CustomHouse Mars for Valentine)
Ichigo (Volks MSD Tsubaki)
Christopher Owen (Volks Yo-SD Tinatsu boy)
Émile (CustomHouse Uranus Hybrid [Uriel head on Mars body])
Adam Everett Avery (Souldoll Lune)
Robbie (Volks SD10 School C)
Doran (Soom Glati)
Starshine (Soom Beyla *Unicorn head*)
Earnán (Soom Beyla *Human head*)
Sarabelle (Fairyland Leah)
Simon Oliver (Fairyland Little Bear Bisou)
Toby [Tobias Ezekial] (Iplehouse Byuri)
Noland (Rosenlied Beige boy)
Apollo (Soom Shale *Human head*)
??? (Soom Shale *Unicorn head*) Floating Head
Reji Dragonborn (Pukipuki Cupid2 Event Head)
Bear [Kodiak Storm] (Volks Hewitt on SDC body)
Orion (Batchix Machina Gamma)
Rowan (Volks SD13 F16)
Innis (Fairyland Littlefee Elf Vampire Rolly boy)
Kakashi Hatake (Souldoll Asiter) Floating Head - Need to Sell
Amelia (Volks MSD Manabu girl)
Shen (Volks MSD Enn)
October (Luts Tiny Delf Alice boy)
Zephi [Ismael Zephaniah] (Luts Kid Delf Ttory boy)
Crunchy (Luts Kid Delf Summer Event Head 2014)
Ryarlyn (Angell-Studio Pet Doll Kaiju)
Ed (Bluefairy "Edward Elric" Automail Jerome)
Joey (Asleep Eidolon Spearmint)
Owen Sebastian (Crobidoll Tori)
Aimé (Luts Kid Delf Winter Event Head 2014) Floating Head
Esmé (Luts Kid Delf Summer Event Head 2014) Floating Head
Marek (April Story New Fall)
Epona (Camellia Dynasty Sage)
Zhiti (Camellia Dynasty Large Clinging Cat)
Twinkle (Loongsoul Beck Deertaur)
Craig (Souldoll Asiter)
Link (Doll Legend Parado) *Awaiting Shipping*


Who was your first doll? Do you still own him, her, or it?
Ro was my first, my Dream of Doll Tender Yen. I do still own him, and have hybrided him onto a White Skin Bluefairy Tinyfairy boy body.

Who is your favorite doll?
Ichigo. Always Ichigo. I love all of my dolls but he is the favorite and will probably always be.

Which doll do you hope or plan to buy next?
I'd like to get bodies for the floating heads I have and plan to keep but as for whole dolls, I want to get Lucas for plot reasons.

Quick! You've instantly got $800 and must choose a doll to spend it on right now or it's gone forever! Who do you pick?
Migidoll Haru.

Quick! You've instantly got enough money for any one and must choose a doll to spend it on right now or it's gone forever, but this time you have to buy the doll for someone else! Who gets the dolly, and what do you get them?
I will buy Osaka bodies for her floating heads, If it MUST be a full doll, then I would buy Mom the doll of her choice, since Osaka won't let me get her full dolls.

Are you currently waiting on any dolls, heads, or bodies?
Yes, I am waiting on my Doll Legend Parado.

Do any of your dolls seem to like you to the point that they are infatuated with you?
Ah no. Most of my dolls are to one extent or another a fragment of myself, and I'm not into me like that.

Do any of your dolls seem to dislike or even hate you?
No. I would not keep a doll if their character seemed to dislike or hate me. They would move on to a new home.

Who's your most expensive doll at the time you purchased them, not counting items you bought separately for them?
I think at this point it's a three way time between Bear, Ed, and Rowan. I got a REALLY good deal on all three, and they are my most expensive dolls.

Who's the least expensive doll you own?
Reji Dragonborn!

Is there a limit to what you'd spend on a doll?
Absolutely. The only doll that I would have spent more than $1000 for, I have acquired for less than that, Edward Elric, my Automail Jerome. Generally I prefer to stay around or below the $500 mark, but I am not unreasonable.

Which doll did you wait for the longest for so far?
Émile, my CustomHouse hybrid. He took almost four months from order placed to shipped. I think this is still true. I've had layaways that lasted longer but as soon as final payment was made they were shipped same or next day.

Which doll had the shortest wait so far?
Elli, my CustomHouse Mars for Valentine. He was shipped like the same day I made payment, and arrived in less than a week.

Who's the biggest doll you own?
Marek, my April Story New Fall. He's right at 65cm.

Who's the smallest doll you own?
Reji Dragonborn is still the smallest.

Got any floating heads? If yes, how likely are they to receive bodies anytime soon?
Yes, I have four floating heads. None are likely to receive bodies this year unless someone GIVES me the bodies.

Got any floating bodies?
Nope.

Do you have any extra, unclaimed pairs of eyes? How many if so?
I have a small metal padded case full of eyes (and some eyelashes, eye putty, etc). I could not even begin to count the number. I have an eye hoarding obsession.

Do you have any extra, unclaimed wigs? How many if so?
Yes several, I haven't counted.

Anything you've said "never" to in the hobby that you later gave in to?
Pukipukis. They're far too small. I have Reji but am unlikely to get others this size.

Do you own dolls that aren't BJDs?
I have Monster High Dolls, mostly boys. They are for display only though and I don't have them out.

What was your last doll-related purchase?
I think it was ordering Link, my Doll Legend Parado.

What do you expect your next doll-related purchase to be?
Wigs for Avery and Osaka's Jeremy.

What was the last doll-related thing to arrive to you by mail?
I think it was the German sweets and hand knits from Ravelry user Samseramsamsam.

What was the last doll-related thing you purchased in person?
Oh goodness. I really am not sure. I bought some tiny books the other day.

Not counting floating heads, floating bodies, and anything on layaway (paid off dolls count), how many dolls do you own?
Not counting heads, or animals (Kaiju, black cat, pony) I have 32 complete dolls, including my incoming Link.

The quiz is over! Any last words?
I think I should revisit again in a few years and see if anything has changed much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.