Saturday, January 17, 2015

Welcome home Edward Elric! (and Happy Birthday)

Alright then! Official arrival of Edward Elric!




He needs a faceup, and the correct eyes (probably 14mm, as 16mm looks HUGE), and more clothes.



He's still beautiful though. His non automail leg is a bit kicky, and I had to change the s-hook in his head (too large) and then put that on a kid delf neck donut, but it works. :)

I will be making him a red hoodie this afternoon, and also possibly painting up my Kaiju, while Osaka/Allister works on his face if she can get her migraine under control.

I'm not sure what to make for trousers for him. I'm leaning towards jeans but I'm not sold. I do have some nice black stompy boots for him though, so once I settle on something for pants he will be good, pending faceup. His wardrobe can be rounded out later if I feel the need.

I'm also pondering a blond fur wig with a braid sewn in to better capture the manga/anime hair look, but I do like this wig quite a bit.

Happy Birthday Ed! I know that his birthday is sometime in winter, but I don't recall if the anime or manga give a specific date, so until I find otherwise, I'm gonna go with today, January 17th.

1 comment:

  1. Sometime in winter - well, it is winter, so who cares. ;) Welcome home, Ed! Your travel caused a lot of excitement, so please, be a good boy and stay at home, will you? Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.