Monday, January 19, 2015

Crafting for Sanity.

Now that Ed is safely settling in, my mind is clearing a bit. I've been really stressed since my seasonal job ended, and having that layaway almost finished looming over my head was more than I could bear. I'm glad I was able to finish it out and get him safely home, and now I'm stressing over finding new work.

I was wanting to do spring semester at TCC, and I might yet, but I also want/need to see if I can get on Medicare through Virginia. Theoretically I should qualify because I am bi-polar, and also the no-income, but I've been having a hard time navigating the various websites to put in the right information.

I need to get to the DMV and have my license corrected since I did get that letter, and I meant to do it as soon as I got my last Target check, but the weather has been hateful, and I was too stressed out to stop at the DMV after I mailed things out last Monday.

I'm glad that things are mailed out, paid off, etc, but now I'm worrying about other financial things (my phone bill is overdue, I need to find money to pay for the storage unit for February, medicine, etc), and finding work, and trying to figure out school.

Somehow with all of this stress I managed to miss several doses of my thyroid medicine (not days in a row) and it's made me very unstable, both emotionally/psychologically, and physically.

I took a little walk today with Osaka to try and get feeling a little better, and now I am migrainey. The walk was pleasant, as was our brief chat during the walk, but physically I feel incredibly weak, and psychologically I feel incredibly fragile.

I'm frustrated, because I know I have a bunch of things I NEED to do in short order to stay on the schedule I've set for myself (be in England in about 2 years) and I keep fumbling for which task should be first, so of course I'm trying to do bits and pieces of each all at once, and none of it is happening. X_X

I've been hiding in my DS for awhile and now I need to put my feet firmly down in reality and be productive. I'd like to start by making some proper clothes for Ed, or knitting something or ANYTHING that will engage my hands and my mind. I've got fabric and sewing stuff OUT, for Ed, for Avery, and others, and I've got my knitting stuff easily accessible, and I've been meaning to go and introduce myself in the Hogwarts Ravelry group and knit some things, meet some goals, get crafting, and I'm just so damned overwhelmed.

I firmly blame my thyroid (combined with being bi-polar) for making me even less stable under stress, and my stress for making me miss doses of my thyroid medicine. A wicked cycle.

HELP. I think I will start by making Ed a shirt. ANY shirt. I might also knit him a scarf, and try out that handwarmer pattern Osaka's got.  The Bluefairy hands are beautiful, small, and delicate, so I may need to further size it down, and I need to check if his thumbs are pressed against his forefingers. The mitts won't work if his thumbs don't have that gap. @_@

Please send thoughts of sanity, calm, and clarity of thought my way.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs! I'm feeling instable right now, too, even if not as abd as I imagine you do. Take to some mindless knitting that you can use for meditating. A scarf in doll size sound perfect to me. Hang on there, things will brighten up again!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.