Summary of 2014 Survey taken from Osaka and Myriai.
1. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
Legally changed my name and my gender.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I try not to make resolutions. I just plan for the foreseeable future and try to follow through.
3. Did someone close to you give birth?
No one close to me. Lots of people in my Facebook family.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not that I can remember but I'm not sure.
5. What countries did you visit?
I have never left the United States (yet).
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Financial stability and finality in all things transitional.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 29th, as that was the day Steve and I became engaged.
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
I successfully changed my name and gender.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I lost the best job I have ever had because of mental illness.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Illness, and injury both. I broke my left ankle in the summer, and I'm
Bi-Polar. I also had Pneumonia, but I'm not sure if that was tail end of
2013 or early 2014 (OR BOTH).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Zephi. I have wanted a Ttory for a really long time. Ed doesn't count because I'm still paying on him.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ringo, Osaka, and Wotan.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Discovering an Automail Jerome on the marketplace with a reasonable layaway term, and a flexible seller. @_@
16. What band will always remind you of 2014?
Neon Trees probably.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you...
I. Happier or sadder?: I don't know.
II. Thinner or fatter?: Thinner, I think. It's hard to say.
III. Richer or poorer?: Poorer. Losing my job and being out of work for two months really sucked.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Tried harder with therapists.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
dismissive of therapists. I got spoilt with one really good
Psychiatrist, and pretty much couldn't stand ANYONE else after that.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Quietly, with Osaka, Ringo, and Wotan. It was bliss.
21. What was your favorite month of 2014?
This year has royally sucked. I guess June since that was the month I got engaged.
22. Did you fall in love in 2014?
I've been in love.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
It's hard to say. I watch alot of British TV, and don't have much tolerance for American TV anymore.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I have been wading through the Game of Thrones series and that was okay.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Realising that I can sing again, if not quite the same as I used to. I have missed singing.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted Zephi and got him. I wanted a job, and was able to find seasonal work.
29. What did you want and not get?
wanted to be COMPLETELY finished with paperwork with a new passport and
everything by the end of the year, and while I'm close, I still need to
finish changing my name everywhere.
30. Favorite film of this year?
The Lego Movie.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
turned 31, and I don't remember my birthday. I think I was also slowly
coming off the lithium but I really don't recall. I think I took
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to have chest surgery.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Clean clothes that fit.
34. What kept you sane?
I wasn't sane.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Probably still John Barrowman. Maybe Benedict Cumberbatch.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who do you miss?
My family, and Steve.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
don't know, I've met many new people at the seasonal job but they are
all different, and it's hard to quantify "best" among them.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014:
Lithium is not for me.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I will give you a song. Bound for the Floor by Local H.
The lyrics are terribly depressing but this song has been very soothing when I am already at the bottom.