Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas! and a rant about couponing.

Christmas was great. :)

I came THIS close to walking out and quitting at Target on Christmas Eve, but made it through and got some scattered sleep overnight and through the day. Not much of it restful but a good day anyway.

PHOTOS!







Ringo did some Shrinkydink Ornaments.






He also got a cool Lego creator set from the parents of the kids that Osaka babysits. :) It's pretty swank.





Ringo also got a Golden Snitch from Osaka in his stocking.


Osaka got a Souldoll Chorin for Christmas from Wotan and her Mom. Apparently this girl has been waiting at Junkyspot for 7 1/2 years for her. Her faceup looks like it was done by the same person who painted my Lune. She's just lovely!



After a little bit, Wotan handed me an empty box to put my swag in. He got me Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.




The Monster High dolls are from Faythe and Mom, and it looks like I didn't get a photo of what Mom sent. They are these cute little clips that go on the side/lip of a pot so it doesn't boil over, in the shapes of sheep.




My Child-bride from Attack on Titan, Armin, as a chibi, teeny Batman, and a coin from Ringo's PERSONAL treasure hoard, a Star Wars coin which holds great significance for both of us. It happens to depict my favorite Star wars film, and it was one of Ringo's favorite coins, which makes it doubly meaningful.



I also got DOMO-Batman, and ZEN which is a short Crime Drama set in Italy, made by BBC, which Osaka and I LOVED, and have not been able to find on disc ANYWHERE, so she snatched it up for me.




Lastly, my Christmas Lego set, with Michelangelo, and my box of candy-swag.




Not pictured, a beautiful soft fuzzy blanket from Wotan and Osaka's Mom, and a handful of other smaller lovely gifts, including a beautiful heart locket on a ribbon for my Amelia.

I spent most of the day playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Ringo spent most of the day assembling Legos and then freeing up his Monster High boys. My lego set this year was a small Ninja Turtle set with a better less doofy Michelangelo. I plan to pick up some of the City sets (the arctic theme) soon, but paying off Ed is a much higher priority.

I gave Osaka the 50th Anniversary of Rudolf on bluray, with a tiny Rudolph stuffy for Christian.

Christmas was peaceful and exactly what I needed to recover from Christmas Eve. I got to speak with Steve, and also all my blood siblings, and Mom, and Dad. I also made a point of calling Logan and Mel, who are awesome, and were not at Bonnie's place for Christmas.

All in all it was a great day, and far less guilt or shame than I usually experience. I don't know why I feel it, I just know that I do. :( I was in a pretty bad way until Ringo woke up and we were discussing the variety of gifts under the tree. He went out to walk one of the dogs, and when he got back in there were more crammed under there. He said something like "Wait a minute, are there MORE presents under the tree now?" and his uncle Wotan told him no. I said they were breeding.

I was doing great today until I had one of those coupon hoarders that argues until you give them what they want. I read the coupons carefully because many of them only allow you to use a certain number per transaction, or per DAY, per HOUSEHOLD, and if I accept the wrong coupons I can get into trouble. So I got the FES to take a look at the coupons and she let me take some of them, but not the ones that were coming up wrong (competitor coupons), and I refused to use the same double coupons again for her husband(?) even though he insisted he was a different customer so he could. They paid with the same gift card. Same customer as far as Target is concerned, and like hell am I letting you get stuff completely for free when that is NOT the way the coupons are intended to be used or written.

That pretty well soured my mood because she complained about me to the FES and then immediately took the items I refused the coupons on to another cashier that didn't see the exchange and tried to use the competitor coupons AGAIN. FES let her use the ones I refused, but not the competitor ones.. AGAIN.

Everyone likes a good deal, and that is FINE. But I am not stupid, and I DO read those coupons and I will not use or combine them in ways it says that I can't on the coupon because the store is only reimbursed for what the coupon says.

So I guess what I'm getting at is don't be shady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.