Friday, November 7, 2008

Ichigo has a name! And, I sewed something. :B

Ichigo has a real name! I've always known it, but never knew what that name was, until this morning. Ichigo's real name is Cameron. I don't know more than that, and I'm pretty sure it's the name he assumes when he becomes a Real boy, but he told me this morning. I'll continue to call him Ichigo, because it's his nickname, much like Elli is a nickname for Elijah Samuel.

Christy commented yesterday that he looked like a Real boy in the photo I posted, showing off his dark blond wig, rather than his usual Angel-fluff-and-sugar self. I realized early this morning that she was right, when I was fiddling with different wigs and eyes. He threw a quiet out of character fit by simply letting the spark go when I tried to change his clothes, wig, or eyes. That's pretty uncharacteristic for Ichigo. When he throws fits, it's usually flopping, flailing, throwing wigs, etc. He sat still and just went DOLL on me. For the whole time I was messing with wigs and eyes and different shirts, he was an empty shell. When I finally conceded and replaced his rainbow eyes, and dark blond wig, his personality came flooding back.

So, when there was enough light to take pictures, I did. :3
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

You may notice that this wig matches his painted eyebrows nearly perfectly. It's a better match than his DEFAULT wig. That's saying alot.

And in other news, I made a sports bra today. I've had the urge to work out recently and would prefer not to do so in a normal bra, but in my size, it's impossible to find one pre-made. So, I had Jenni take me to the big JoAnns and I bought a t-shirt, and some nice wide elastic, made for athletic clothes.

When we got back to the house, I had Jenni help me move the extra desk into my room, nestled in the corner, and I set up her sewing machine on it. I'm crazy rusty using sewing machines but there was no way in hell I was gonna handstich everything on something this big.

I cut off the sleeves, finished the edges with a zigzag stitch, and then measured to see how far to shorten the shirt for a snug supportive fit, and hacked off about six inches. @_@ From there, I folded the edge over the elastic, and then folded that over again, and zigzagged along the top to anchor it, then over the bottom edge. This is my result.

Photobucket

Originally I was going to double up the material in the front for durability but there wasn't enough length to work with to start. This was inexpensive to do though so when it does wear out, I can do it again, with no regrets. The shirt was $5, the elastic, $2.50. Sports bras are generally (on the cheap end) between $5 and $15, so I'm happy with my end price. The shirt was half price, normally $10, so I'm glad it was on sale, or I would have had to wait.

Hopefully this will last me until I have lost enough weight and mass that I can just buy a new one. The way it's already stretching though, I just hope it lasts a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.