Saturday, October 18, 2008

Doll Sculpting

Once again I am overwhelmed with the urge to sculpt my own doll. I couldn't explain why I want to, except that if I were to take the bits and pieces of the dolls I like best, and splice them into one, frankenstein style, it'd be far more expensive.

I love the Unoa dolls, specifically Sist and Lusis. I love the cloven-hooved Sard and Beryl from Soom, but I don't want my creature to be that huge. I want to have an approximately mini-sized doll, maybe somewhere between mini and SD10, and I want it to be a Unicorn. I've talked briefly about this before, but I've seen alot of beautifully designed lower legs in the style I want to do, recently and I've got that bug again.

I want to learn to sculpt, and I want a doll of my very own, that I made myself. Ideally I'd eventually have him in resin but right now I'm more focused on the actual sculpting. I have very little experience, save Junior Highschool Art. I can't help but think though, that if I really gave it a try, I'd have the necessary talent to sculpt my Unicorn boy(s). I have it all visualized. I just need to know how to start.

What materials should I start off with? What tools do I need? I don't know the answer to either question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.