Monday, November 24, 2014

Found my original birth certificate, and doll photos!

I was sifting through forms and paperwork (tax information, receipts for medical expenses for the last 5 years etc) looking for my replacement birth certificate which I acquired in 2008 and found in addition and to my amazement, my original birth certificate which I believed lost or destroyed.

It's amazing how different it looks from the replacement. The replacement is colorful, printed on watermarked Texas Government paper, with most of the same information. The original is plain white, hand written, with a mixture of my mother's handwriting, and the midwife who delivered me. It has my date of birth, time of birth, date of filing, and more information including the name of the midwife, where she worked from, and the ages of both parents at the time of my birth, as well as the number of children living or dead, preceding my birth.

It was kind of amazing to see, and I was surprised to find myself overwhelmed with emotion. Some things hold on to that sort of intensity, and that old significant piece of paper is one of them.

I've been waiting and waiting for my letter from the DMV regarding the paperwork my doctor faxed them, and I realized I probably wouldn't hear from them at all since I've never actually HAD a Virginia ID so they had no record of me. Oops. I had my Texas ID, and then my Military Dependent ID, and then a new Texas ID. The last has not expired but is no longer valid as it has my old name on it, and I no longer look enough like the picture to use it even if my name weren't changed. I've lost weight, and my face has changed.

So in about 5 hours I will get up and go apply for a Virginia ID card, taking all necessary documents (including birth certificate, social security card, etc), and hopefully have the new ID in hand within a couple of weeks. I may have to go back and try again if I don't have all the information they require. The required documents were kind of vague so I'm taking everything I have, plus a piece of mail to establish residency.

In completely unrelated news, I took some photos for the Photo Request forum, the first, asking for comparisons of tan resin from different companies, and the second set, asking for thicker/chunkier BOY MSDs. :)



Samir (Tedros), and the Soulkid Shaun, belong to Osaka.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.