Friday, August 29, 2014

Happy 9th Ro!

So I was going back through my livejournal trying to find the first photos of Ro I ever took, to find evidence of his unaltered Dream of Doll default faceup, and I realized that HOLY CRAP TODAY IS HIS 9TH BIRTHDAY! Or Anniversary. However you want to put it.

It was 9 years ago today that he arrived to me. I waited on the steps all day long for the postman, and immediately took grainy photos with a borrowed webcam trying him in all the things I had purchased while waiting for him to arrive.

In honor of his 9th Anniversary I have finally pulled him off that "replacement" (Dec 2006) Dollmore body, and stripped his face. I have scrubbed that body, and need put it up for sale. It's in like new condition, no damage what-so-ever, just some resin mellowing with age. It's never even seen daylight.

I need to properly compare his resin to the normal skin Kid Delf event head I got with Zephi and see if Luts Normal Skin will match okay. I like Zephi's body, and it's similar in shape and style (but with MUCH better posing) to the original Dream of Doll (DOC) body.

I would like to put him on the type 3 Luts KDF body, and give him Illusion Spirit 1/4 jointed hands as a special gift to both make him look more mature, and to make up for neglecting him for the last seven years.

The Luts current normal skin resin is much more pink but I think with a good faceup with the heavy blushing I like for him, the resin difference wouldn't be very obvious. I can certainly put up with a color difference more easily than I can the stylistic difference that put me off him on the Dollmore body. He was too tall and willowy on that body, and a bit too feminine in features. Or I may just do white skin since the old Dream of Doll resin is SO pale.

Happy birthday Ro! Your face is clean and you are no longer on the WRONG body. Hopefully after all this time I can find the right one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.