Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lost in fantasy.

I've been marathon-watching Torchwood and Doctor who for... almost a week now. I've seen all of it, except some Doctor Who from seasons 1 and 2. Once I've caught up there, I'll start trying to track down the original series.

I'm a much bigger fan of Torchwood I think, but it's really nice watching the Doctor Who episodes in order. I've never had that opportunity before. Things make a bit more sense this way.

I think watching all this science fantasy TV is what's kept me in good spirits, the last week or so. I'm coming down a bit, and stressing slightly over work again, but it's been a nice little break from reality in the mean time. I realized yesterday that's what I was doing. Escaping from reality like I used to. This time I'm doing it through TV, rather than just daydreaming my life away. Not that it's any healthier this way, but I can recognize it.

When I was about, 8, I used to fantasize that someone would come and take me away from all the unpleasantness of life. Watching Doctor Who, is like a manifestation of that childhood daydreaming. No, I'm not the companion or anything, but it's still an escape, even if only as long as I've got more episodes to watch.

I'm out now though. I need to find a new creative something to do, to occupy myself. I'm pondering making Captain Jack's costume for Ichigo, as a cosplay. I think I have what I need to do so, and it would certainly give me something to do. Hrmmmn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.