Monday, February 9, 2009

Rambling

There's some kind of flu or something, going around. I caught a stomach bug. Stayed home sick on Saturday cause I could barely get to the bathroom with the nausea. Still feeling ill today, but I was called this morning, and told me schedule was changed, so I'm in the clear. I wasn't going to call in sick again, but I'm relieved that I've got another day to recover before having to go back in.

Last night was awesome, despite feeling a bit off. We had some friends over from the Church. Derek grilled chicken and steaks, Jenni made a few side dishes (rice pilaf, and macaroni), and later for dessert, we made smoothies. In between all this, we played Guitar Hero, World Tour. It was pretty awesome, and I'm looking forward to doing that more. I think, one of these days, when I've got a weekday off and I don't feel so under the weather, I'm gonna try and learn the drums. I haven't got much rhythm, but if I practice on beginner, I think I can pick it up enough that I don't so thoroughly suck. We'll see.

Not a whole lot going on right now. I toyed with the idea of going to Torchsong in Chicago, but there's no way I could justify spending that much, with travel costs and all, just for a photo and an autograph. So, I'll just keep my eyes open, and hope that an event gets planned for Dallas, or elsewhere in Texas.Plus, even if I could justify paying that much for a trip right now, I have other things that money could go to, like a car, getting my stuff from Virginia, that sort of thing.

So, really I've got nothing going on now. I've finished watching Torchwood, and have two episodes left of Doctor Who (season 2 finale, which I previously skipped), and I've downloaded Casanova, since I heard it was good. I'm also trying to get my hands on Blackpool, cause I caught a couple of episodes of that on BBC America, in Great Lakes, I think, and I liked what I saw.

Well, that's all for now, I suppose. I'm going back to bed now, cause I'm still feeling a bit off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.