Friday, February 13, 2009

Mild retail therapy.

So, went, got my first paycheck from Hobby Lobby today. The check was about $80 less than I was expecting, but my taxes seem to be more-so, than they were before, so that explains it. I was going to be ordering Ro's new body today, but I'm just a bit short, so I've set aside what I have got, in my paypal, and I'll take the remainder, from the next check.

I did buy a couple of small things today. We went to Target, and I got a hat, and two pairs of shoelaces. Rose was wearing a similar hat today, so we kind of matched. Two photos, with, and without, the hat.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I'm very happy with how it looks. :] I was a tad surprised that they had one that fit me, since I've got a head in between most hat sizes. It was the last of its kind as well, which is the main reason I couldn't resist.

And these are the shoelaces I got. Brown argyle, and pink stars. X3

Photobucket

Then we went to the mall, specifically to Hot Topic, and I got these suspenders. I've not seen the awesome rainbow dinosaur suspenders I fell in love with before, and I don't want a repeat of that disappointment. These were on clearance, and after my %10 military discount, I paid a total of $5 for these, and a purple pair for Moose.

Photobucket

I won't be able to comfortably wear them until I'm much thinner, but I want to have them for that time. :]

And, aside from that, the day was okay. We ran some other errands, getting a duplicate copy of the Moose's birth certificate, and then trying to find the place to go to contest a redlight camera traffic ticket. The ones 'round here, tend to glitch and ticket for a right turn on red, which is perfectly legal. By the end of the day (4pm-ish) Moose was really pissy, and my patience was GONE. I try to be supportive and helpful, but after a point, I just want to shake her and tell her to stop it. She didn't even really smile at the suspenders I got her, and I was mainly getting them to cheer her up. *sighs*

Oh well. I'm gonna relax and call some of my friends now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.