Monday, February 23, 2009

Hooray! I was productive!

I've been waiting to post about this, because I wanted to make something special first. So, today, I did.

I went out with Moose today, to put in applications in the area, because I'm not getting any hours at Hobby Lobby at the moment. And while I was out, I went by JoAnns to check back on my application there, and poke through the fabric, since I haven't really gotten to do that nice and leisurely since I've been in Texas. There were lots of fabrics I wanted, but as soon as I saw this, I KNEW it was perfect. So I bought a yard, and come home (after picking up some more applications) and got to work.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The smaller pillowcases were a flub actually, but they did come out very nicely, just too small to fit on the existing pillows. So, I kept them, and as soon as I find the polyfill (I think there is some in the house) I'll make two small pillows for those as well. I got half a yard of the sparkly blue material, to use as backing for blankets, but I couldn't find any material I liked for the blankets.

So, Friday, I will be going back to find the blanket material, and to pick up some cute material I saw today but didn't get.


Next, I'm sewing clothes for Ichigo and Chris, because I think they've both been somewhat neglected lately in their wardrobes.

1 comment:

  1. The cupcakes are cute. i continue to be impressed with the detail of the items you create.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.