Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Knitting update with photos. :D

I've been knitting! Some blatantly doll stuff, some less blatantly doll stuff.

First in order of completion, I made a beautiful (if I do say so myself) reddish scarf for Ed. This was my first project using a waffle knit stitch pattern and I really like it. I might go this route for a full sized Rory-scarf at some point.


Ed still needs some black trousers and a shirt like this in black (and a better faceup) but the scarf is ACES. He seems quite pleased and I love how it looks and fits him.

Second I made a pair of hand warmers for Crunchy, whose body is incoming. In transit are his eyes, wig, a basic outfit, and a pair of tennis shoes, and his body is on order from Luts. He will be ready to go just as soon as he has a faceup, which can be done just as soon as his wig and eyelashes arrive in the Dollmore order that is currently in transit.


Crunchy's mitts are modeled by Zephi, with whom he shares hand size and sculpt. They will be on the exact same body, in different skin tones. The mitts also match the scarf that I made for Jessie (Narsha) when she lived with me. I just need to figure out where put that scarf. I think it's in the closet with a bunch of the MSD scaled props.

Then I made a series of squares with the intent of making Robbie a knitted blanket/quilt/something.

I started with one titled: All My Exes Live in Texas:


'Cause they do. Even ones I dated that used to live elsewhere, live in Texas now. It's like MAGIC. 8D

R is for Robbie (or Rory) it's good enough for me!


And with this I was aiming for a pop of color but what I got was OH GEEZ I'M BLIND, so I will need to make a few more bright squares to balance it out. It's supposed to be cat paw prints but I think it looks like a Trans Bear Pride flag. :P


The colors aren't quite right for either so I'm sticking with CATS YAY! BRIGHT COLORS YAY! Plus neither of those descriptions suit Robbie (his character is neither Trans nor a Bear).

I have been working on a Dragon square for the blanket for about a week but I got about maybe a fifth into it and realized it was for one, oversized, by far too much to fudge, and two, that I didn't have enough yarn in the tiny skein I was using to finish the block, beautiful as it would have been. So I angrily frogged it, and made a quick little knit instead.

A hat titled: Strawberry Confetti Hat, for my little Spearmint who is not yet faceupped. He's sealed but there have been extenuating circumstances that have prevented faceups for several days. So, I tried to match it for the one I made for October.


The yarn was thicker, so I did less rows and it turned out a little bit smaller, and also October claimed it. e_e;; So Joey gets the blue and yellow hat instead.

I have a ton of sewing that I need to do, and more knitting I'd like to do, but I think I'm gonna quit on the squares for a little bit because quick knits make me so much happier. I like cranking out something in an evening, whether it's some mitts or a hat, or something else. I do love my tiny detailed scarves and all, but sometimes you just need something quick and easy to clear the brain-fog.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for Trans Bear Pride! That is so great, I love it. And that little hat is a.dor.a.ble. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.