Saturday, September 6, 2014

My initials are still RMC.

In exciting news, I received back my name change paperwork today. I was a bit drugged from migraine meds and benadryl so it took me a moment to figure out why I had the same form in triplicate and couldn't find the rejection letter telling me how to fix it. I also didn't initially understand where there was an official seal on all three if it had been rejected.

Then it all clicked into place and I realized that no, in fact I don't have to correct and resubmit, my name change is done and official. Now I just have to contact ALL the places and things and get it updated, and speak with my doctor about getting my medical letter(s) in order so that I can have the right letter on my state ID and apply for my passport with the M in spring when I get my tax return.

I plan to go to the DMV on Thursday pretty early and get my Virginia ID with my new name, and then go around to the bank, and my doctor's office, and correct my name in their records, to start with. I will call ahead and see if my regular doctor is there, and if I can leave him the forms to fill out and come pick them up on another day. Having that letter is the final step to getting my corrected gender recognized on the state and federal level.

I know I'm not done yet, but I am feeling hesitantly positive. I've finally actually gone through with the name change and even with some hiccups in my paperwork not being quite correct (I used an outdated form the first time, and sent in a non-notarized form the second) it was much easier than I expected it to be. I should have done this years ago.

1 comment:

  1. That's some good news! I'm glad that it is possible to change gender nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.