Thursday, October 1, 2009

Foot's swollen again.

Well I think I'm just about over that bug I caught. Those of you who follow me on twitter, or have me added on facebook, know that my foot has been swelling up again. I'm not sure exactly what's wrong with it, but it's swollen and puffy up towards the toes, and under the anklebone, rather than where it was swollen and bruised back in June.

I don't think it's a re-injuring of the same sort, because it's not bruised, at all. It's sore, and puffy, but I'm keeping it wrapped (except that I unwrapped it in my sleep last night.) and taking ibuprofen to minimalize swelling. I didn't sleep too well last night due to some weird psychological crap, and excruciating pain in my left foot, because I didn't realize I'd wrapped it too tightly. That's mainly why I unwrapped it I think. I'm vaguely aware of doing so, and I must have been at least partially awake, because I re-rolled the bandage, rather than tossing it somewhere. e_e;;

It's hard to say with me though, because I have a tendancy to move, and talk in my sleep. And, by move, I mean getting up to go to the restroom, to get drinks of water, etc. I don't have the problems I did when I was much younger with leaving the house/apartment in my sleep. That's tale for another time though.

Tomorrow should in theory be nice. If my foot isn't too swollen in the morning, and I can manage it well, I'll be having a lovely adventure with Christy, while Littleman is at school. I'm hoping to be able to do so, as we both need a day out, even if it's mostly to run errands. Wish me luck!

And now, I sleep, since I must be up FAR earlier than is normal for me, if I'm going to go out. :3

1 comment:

  1. Lie down on the floor with a flattish pillow under your head and your legs going straight up the wall. Get your derriere as close to the wall as humanly possible. Try to stay that way for half an hour. It will do wonders for your ankle. And see if you can limit your salt intake; that might help. We had commercial BBQ at lunch yesterday, and I can definitely feel it in my left ankle this morning. I also find that walking about helps to reduce the swelling, even if it's uncomfortable at first. Hope some or all of this helps.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.