Friday, October 30, 2009

Working at Home Depot plus a meme.

So today I went to the Home Depot and filled out my employment paperwork. I go back for real orientation and the beginning of my training Monday 8am to 5pm. I was there for about two hours today, as we also did a store walk through. There were supposed to be five new cashiers including myself, but only three of us showed up.

I learned that I can get benefits even though I'll just be part time, which is GREAT news. And, I they also offer tuition reimbursement so that will help when I start college.

I was VERY nervous, but they seem quite friendly, and genuinely so, and it seems to be a similar atmosphere to the Walmart I worked at, which was very pleasant. And if I have the same anxiety attacks I have Christy here to help me through that, so I'll be able to work past them. Best friends are awesome like that.

I did have alot of irrational fear, like maybe I misunderstood and they really didn't want to hire me, or that they wanted me to come in so they could tell me I was a bad person. I realize it's COMPLETELY irrational, but I tend to fret and worry even when it doesn't make any sense.

So that's that. As of October 29th, 2009, I am employed by the Home Depot as a part time cashier. It may not be the most impressive of jobs, but I think it's one I can manage, and it will allow me the freedom to do school as well, so I can get started on the track of becoming a High School History Teacher. :]

And unre-lated here is the OTHER doll meme that's been going 'round.

Name one (or as many as you like) of my characters you'd like to know how he/she was like as a child and I'll tell you. If the character has no background that detailed, I'll make something up on the spot.

You don't have to pick just from the dolls I own, if you're familiar with some of my other characters. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.