Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Please don't die yet! I can't afford to replace you! ;_;

My laptop is attempting suicide. Yesterday the screen part tried to snap off. I wasn't doing anything, just sitting there with it in my lap, and CRACK. I caught it before it broke completely. The screen is still connected but it can't hold itself up anymore. In addition it's been overheating and turning itself off, on a more and more frequent basis. The quick fix, which will not FIX the problem, but could extend the life for a bit, is to buy a moniter, and a new cooling pad.

The actual machine, the parts, work fine. It's just the overheating, and the pieces trying to break off. x_x I looked at Walmart.com at the laptops there, but if I buy a new one, I need it to be powerful enough to play my games (like Sims 3 which I want to try), and while I could buy a cheap little book at $300, if I want one that will perform at least as well as what I have now proportionally, I need to be willing to pay at least $600, preferably $700-$800.

I don't want a temporary thing. I want a computer that will last me a long time. This laptop is maybe 4 years old, which is less than I would have liked it to last. But, I've used it more intensely in the last 2 years, taking it places with me, accidently dropping it in the airport etc. I want my new machine to last at least as long, and to be able to perform well while I have it.

This is pretty upsetting as I don't have the money for a new moniter right now, or a cooling pad, and I certainly don't have upwards of $500 to buy a new computer. :[ I know I wouldn't qualify for any sort of financing for a new machine either, and honestly I would prefer not to make payments for 2 years on a computer, and end up paying so much extra for it, with an exhorbant interest rate. BLEH.

So yeah my poor little computer is trying to kill itself. :[

1 comment:

  1. Hey- our laptop used to overheat and it turns out it was just so dusty inside! We took a can of air (actually blowing really hard worked too, but not as well) and put it in the vents where the fan is and that took care of the problem. I'm sorry! I know it stinks to be without a computer so I hope you don't have to go there!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.