Thursday, June 11, 2009

Niiiiiiice

So this morning was nice. I woke up, the house was nice and cool because of the thunderstorm, it was still raining a bit, which I love. I made a delicious breakfast. Then I decided to watch some TV. All was well in the world right? Do you sense a but? You're right.

So I get up off the couch when I'm done goofing around, to put the remote controls back where they go. And my left leg is tingling as it tends to do, since I like to sit with my legs tucked up under me. So I stand still, so as to let the blood flow return to normal, which generally works better than trying to walk on it. And, while I'm standing COMPLETELY STILL, my ankle collapses under me with a loud CRUNCH. I fall. I yelp. I start to stand up, and fall down again, crying out now, sound a bit like a panicked dog. A WOO A WOO!

After a few minutes of writhing on the floor yelping, I manage to crawl to the kitchen and get some ice in a baggy. I limp to my room put my leg up, and put the ice on it. At this point I can see a huge welt, my foot is swelling badly and it's turned purple.

This is what it looks like now, after about 3 solid hours with ice on it. I did go look for an ace bandage but we don't have one in the house. Also no ibuprofen that I could find, so I can't take anything to help bring the swelling down. :B

Photobucket
Photobucket

I tried calling 3 different people to try and get a ride to Walmart (cause like hell am I walking to Walmart on a probably sprained ankle in the rain) to buy an ace bandage and ibuprofen but no luck. So I've texted my brother-in-law Derek, asking him to bring an ace bandage home on his way from from work. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.