Friday, April 3, 2015

Always adjusting to something.

I didn't mean to leave anyone hanging with my last entry. I did get through orientation with a minimum of fuss. Most of orientation was emphasis on safety, and then emphasis on anti-theft maneuvers and what exactly the policies are on how we can prevent shoplifting etc.

I wish I was kidding when I say that about 2 and 1/2 hours of the 4 hour orientation was about how there are cameras everywhere any the company spends quite a bit of money and man hours pouring over camera footage and keeping an eye on employees and customers alike. The gist of it was "Please do not steal from us, because will catch you, and it really is not worth $20,000+ in legal fees and restitution plus never being able to find retail work again, for maybe $200 from the cash register or in merchandise."

They also repeated a mantra through out, of forget everything you think you know about retail because we really do things differently and you will save yourself a bunch of headache if you just start fresh.

Today (Friday) I have my computer training, and then I guess tomorrow is my first day out on the floor. I won't know for certain until I see what all there is do be done today. I'm not overly concerned, about spending much of the day at the computer, since I've done that with other jobs, and it's pretty much par for the course.

In non-job stuff, I'm out of my migraine medicine, and have been for about a week, so I will be running to my Dr office after work to pick up the script, and see if I can get it filled right there at the Target. I expect to have migraines as I adjust to the new job, new schedule, new sleeping patterns etc. Though I suppose I just expect to have migraines because they are a pretty regular occurrence anymore.

In doll related stuff, I did get the eyes sent back to Dollmore on Wednesday finally. Stuff was weird and busy leading up to my orientation at work. They have confirmed receipt of the information and will refund me for the 2 pairs I sent back (I kept the purple pair after heavy consideration, since I can not find a replacement pair anywhere) plus the cost of shipping.

My Crobidoll and Luts Orders should ship any day now. So I will have Owen (complete with faceup) and Crunchy's body. I also picked up a Kid Delf Winter 2014 head for a steal in white skin to possibly by my Pokemon Trainer doll.

Then last night I was poking in the marketplace and found what might be the perfect body for Ro. If it works out he'll be whole again before he turns 10. If it doesn't, I have other heads that could probably work on the body. I wasn't expecting to find anything, just kind of poking and seeing what was out there. It feels right though so if I can, I will pursue this.

My sleep cycle is really messed up. I've gotten used to having an afternoon nap when Osaka puts the kids down for their nap, and that's going to be hard to give up. I am so thankful to have work though.

I've been playing lots of Pokemon. I got Alpha Sapphire for Christmas, and then picked up Omega Ruby with an e-gift card, and now I'm playing through Y (which I bought with X but never played through) trying to get a feel for how I want to do my Pokemon Trainer BJD.

I've also decided to make some permanent changes to my diet to improve my health. I've come to realize that the lithium did long term damage to my liver and kidneys as well as my thyroid, so I am attempting to adjust my diet and exercise to make things easier on them. I'm trying to cut down and eventually out my soda intake, and I'm also trying to cut out the junk food. No more bags of chips for snacking, and I need to be better about planning meals and having healthy things on hand that I can eat quickly. I'm a grazer, and I think I always have been. I feel better having many smaller meals or snacks than I do having a HUGE meal.

I got into the habit of eating crap all the time because I felt like crap anyway so it seemed like there was no point in trying to eat well. Now I'm trying to break those habits. I've given up soda before, and junk food too. I just need to make it stick. So I don't buy it. Limit my sweets. Limit my salt intake. Don't eat fast food at all (or very very rarely), and try to keep healthy snacking stuff in the apartment. Osaka is on board and will do what she can to help. The hard part is going to be figuring out how and what to eat while at work. I will need to eat to keep my blood sugar up, but I'm not sure how best to pack a healthy meal that I can eat quickly. It will probably require experimentation.

Anyway that's all that's going on with me. Trying to make healthier choices, trying to adjust to the new job, and dolls and video games.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that sounds like good plans! As for a healthy meals for work: what about carrots with sour cream? If you mix your sour cream yourself, you can cut down on salt, too. And lovage is a good replacement for salt. Hubby uses it all the time. Works!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.