Thursday, April 9, 2015

Properly Introducing Crunchy! Also October gets optional hands.

Today (Wednesday) has been eventful. I ended up falling asleep on the sofa with a migraine after taking my morning medicine, and woke up disoriented when my Luts order arrived midday. I only got the shipping notice two nights ago so I was confused and a bit disbelieving.

So after a bit I went on Skype with Steve and opened the box. Luts has apparently switched to vacuum sealed bags around the pillows which I was not expecting, and the body looked hilarious initially with a foam block over the neck for protection and the hands stuffed into foam cubes, also for protection.

In addition to the Kid Delf body, I ordered some neck donuts, two pairs of Tiny Delf hands for October, and a pair of black eyelashes because we always need eyelashes. The first thing I did was actually play with October and the new hands and found to my delight that with fist hands he CAN wear the shirts I purchased from FunnyLori's Etsy shop, Unstrung Hero BJD. I can not recommend her enough. Excellent quality clothes and wigs, and fantastic customer service. :)


He's supposed to look like Success Baby with his little fist up triumphantly.

His little arms keep popping up, but that seem to do that regardless of what he wears so I'm not attributing that to the fit of the shirt(s).



I also took some photos of my Volks MSD with Ringo's Volks Ken for the Den of Angels Volks MSD discussion thread.




We did a few photos of them having a lunch but the photos looked a bit.. disorganized so only the group shots made the cut.

Und finally, I reveal what this post is supposed to be about! Osaka/Allister did up Crunchy's face for me this evening and I think it turned out beautifully. She's been meaning to paint him up for me for days but there have been weather issues and kid drama and other just.. not conducive to painting things, but now it's done! :D





HE'S SO PRETTY!





Best friends re-united in resin form! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.