Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Confused..

So I was waiting for the bus yesterday and as rather frequently happens, some highly mature individual shouted something at me at great volume as the vehicle they were in sped by at great velocity. It was definitely an insult but I found that I couldn't be offended because I wasn't sure which offensive word they had said. It could have been "Fatty" and it might have been "Faggot". It was hurled with a trademarked aggression reserved for rednecks, so it COULD have been either.

I think I'm far more bothered that I don't know what they said, than I am by either conclusion. Because really, I get shouted at all the time. People in cars think it's hilarious to shout at people on the sidewalk, and most of the time it's unintelligible.

It also strikes me that with either intended insult, it comes across as a person pointing at a feline and shouting with a tone of authority and dominance "YOU'RE A CAT!" I am aware that I am a chubby guy, and I am aware that my current hairstyle and clothing may peg me as gay. I'm not really bothered by that, because that's kind of what I was going for. I AM gay, and if my hairstyle and clothing reflect that, then so be it. I'm also overweight, and someone shouting "HEY, YOU'RE FAT!" does not change this.

I took a selfie at work yesterday and posted it to facebook, but this is what they were shouting at:


So after careful thought, and some discourse with Osaka, I'm left with dissatisfying feeling of confusion rather than anger or outrage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.