Monday, December 27, 2010

White Christmas!

So, I had my first ever white Christmas this year. :] It was kind of cool. Osaka, Pherret, and Ringo are out of state visiting their families for the holidays, so it's just me, and one of their dogs, Sadie. Christmas Eve was kind of lonely, but Christmas day was really great. I spent it with one of my co-workers Sam, whom I go to the bar with on a somewhat regular occasion. She invited me over a week ago, and I'm glad for it. She had lots of friends over, all of whom I had met on previous occasions at the bar, or at her place, so I felt very comfortable.

Then it snowed. Quite a bit actually. In our apartment complex we had over a foot on the ground. I took photos. None with the dolls, but still:





For southern Virginia, a foot of snow is pretty much unheard of. I worked Sunday the 26th (yesterday), and we actually closed early because of the blizzard conditions, which Home Depot doesn't generally do.

Today the buses weren't running because of how bad the roads still were, so I had to call in cause it's about a 2 1/2 - 3 mile walk to work. A co-worker gave me a ride later in the day, thank goodness, so I was able to salvage some of my shift. As of this evening the buses are running again, at least for most of the routes. The ones I take to work, are up again, so I'm set.

Snow in the (technical) south is always an adventure. At least it's less ridiculous to shut down over snow here, cause.. it was like a foot of snow in an 18 hour period, roughly. It always boggled my mind when a half inch of snow shut down everything in North Texas. Ah well. C'est la vie.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.