Saturday, March 28, 2009

Haircut!

I finally cut my hair today. I think my recent emotional issues were stemming from my hair being at an awkward length for me. It sounds ridiculous to some, but long hair freaks me out, on myself, and the awkward between lengths, make me feel very badly about myself, and shatter what self confidence I have. I was considering growing it out a little more, but I just couldn't.

Anyway I took before and after shots. The afters are blurry, sorry.
Photobucket
As you can see it's still short, but it was getting shaggy and unkempt-looking. And, it's always a little startling to see how short it looks fresh after the cut. The length I like best, is about a week after I cut it.
Photobucket
And, then I took a shot with my hair fluffed. I tried to get one at the same angle but my auto-focus wouldn't cooperate.
Photobucket

It's currently 1 inch on the top, 3/8 around the temples, and 1/4 from the ears down. Normally I just do the inch on top and the 3/8 from there, but I wanted it to look nicer around the neck, since I tend to get weird tufts of hair missed down there, so I took it down a notch and used a second mirror to check my progress throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.